Pitch Shifter Impacts Tone

APE

Inspired
The pitch shifter always affects the tone. I want to detune the pitch to match Van Halen, Lynch Mob, Malmsteen, et al. But the problem si that pitch shift effect sounds like it has some harmonic modulation effect on it. When I disable the pitch shift, it sounds fine. How do I fix this? Or is it unfixable?

Here's a screenshot of the pitch shift effect. You can see it's set to tune down one semitone. But it has a harmonicy sound.
upload_2019-3-31_19-5-29.png

not that it will fix your problem, but no need to shift both voices. just set the level of the 2nd voice to 0.

not that it will fix your problem, but no need to shift both voices. just set the level of the 2nd voice to 0.
It actually might? Having both voices running at the same time, with the same 'Shift' value, can cause some 'phasey' sounds.

Reactions: APE
It actually might? Having both voices running at the same time, with the same 'Shift' value, can cause some 'phasey' sounds.
I would say it will. Setting both voices to the same interval is detrimental to the shifted tone. Setting the level of voice 2 to zero should fix the problem.

Thank you guys. I am trying to test that now. (I can't use it because I think I need to update to the latest firmware.)

I would say it will. Setting both voices to the same interval is detrimental to the shifted tone. Setting the level of voice 2 to zero should fix the problem.
The two pitch voices are never perfectly in tune - they will waver ever so slightly from each other - so yeah, turn down the level on one voice.

Back
Top Bottom