Def Leppard Makes the Switch to the Axe-Fx III

fractal doesnt have idea what presets vivian and phil are using
How do you know that?

From my understanding, Matt works with a lot of artists to help them dial in their presets.

It could very well be that he created the presets they are using.

I don't think they'll be shared in any case.

I know is a long shot and all but if you guys can remember back in the day Digitech and other brands had in their units presets that "supposibly" their artists (Vai, etc) used... also, you can see the artists of TC Electronic develop Toneprints of their custom presets in their pedals so again I know it's a long shot but why not have a Preset that is the core tone (doesn't have to be song specific) of the artists that use Fractal that we can use and play around with it?

I know is a long shot and all but if you guys can remember back in the day Digitech and other brands had in their units presets that "supposibly" their artists (Vai, etc) used... also, you can see the artists of TC Electronic develop Toneprints of their custom presets in their pedals so again I know it's a long shot but why not have a Preset that is the core tone (doesn't have to be song specific) of the artists that use Fractal that we can use and play around with it?
there are certainly a lot of toneprints available for download. almost as if TC pays artists to have them there. maybe Fractal prefers to spend their money on different things?

Many artists are super private and secretive about their settings/tricks to achieve their sound. I find it kind of funny considering all the "tone is in the hands" arguments I see get thrown around and then you have world famous artists acting like they'd be giving you the keys to the lambo if you rock their preset in your bedroom.

That is 100% up to the individual artists. For example, *all* of the presets we designed with Synyster Gates from Avenged Sevenfold are available for purchase on his store. Similarly, we'll be releasing the patches I designed with James Valentine from Maroon 5 soon. The factory Petrucci rig preset is very similar to the preset JP uses live, etc. etc. It just depends on what level of publicity each artist is comfortable with in terms of their sounds.

Def Leppard and the Axe-Fx III are coming up shortly (10:30’ish EDT) on the 2019 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, on HBO.

Do they use standard IRs all available to us or do they create their own from the cabs they've used in the past?

I understand if they don't want to share presets (find it funny but it's up to them).

Surely it's ok to say they use amp model x tho? And if they use a factory cab or not?

Money is clearly on it being one of the Marshall rack models but would be interested in knowing

Don't let them upset you Cliff

I've seen Def Leppard every time they played Sheffield since 1992

Last years show had significantly the best tones I've ever heard

Unpossible. Everyone on The Gear Page says that modelers sound thin and get lost in the mix. One guy even said that his friend's cousin's sister's gardener went to a concert and it sounded terrible and no doubt because he was using an Axe-Fx.

Unpossible. Everyone on The Gear Page says that modelers sound thin and get lost in the mix. One guy even said that his friend's cousin's sister's gardener went to a concert and it sounded terrible and no doubt because he was using an Axe-Fx.
The folks like us, who actually use it, know better than that.

😂
I saw them here in Italy about three weeks ago and their tone was amazing.

Best post ever!!!

Back
Top Bottom