Cab + preset bundle import - changes AX8 settings/tone

John Ganske

While in the AX8 Editor I was importing, to sample, previously designed AX8 presets into an empty preset block. On one occasion one of the presets said “you're about to import a cab + preset bundle". Anyway, after importing several such presets...I went back to my favorite and previously designed AX8 presets and noticed several things... 1.) The Cab emulation didn’t sound the same on several edited presets, even though the cab models were different than what had been imported - after importing the cab bundled presets. 2.) Some parameter settings in random presets I edited had changed e.g. I toggle between two different Reverbs (x/y) in one preset and recently adjusted their levels to be more consistent in regard to levels, when selecting between either on the fly...they somehow went back to their initial settings. 3.) The amp models seem a bit hotter now, not as warm. Anyway, what actually happens when importing cab and preset bundles (stored on a computer) into a blank or excisting AX8 preset, when using the Editor...why would random parameters and cab tones change in unrelated presets? Thanks!

When importing a bundle into a preset location AX8-EDIT doesn't know where to put the cab IR so it stores it in a temporary scratch pad. When saving the preset you're asked which cab slot to save the IR to. When having made that decision go back to the preset to make sure it refers to that cab slot. Do this before importing the next bundle.

When importing a bundle into a preset location AX8-EDIT doesn't know where to put the cab IR so it stores it in a temporary scratch pad. When saving the preset you're asked which cab slot to save the IR to. When having made that decision go back to the preset to make sure it refers to that cab slot. Do this before importing the next bundle.

Thanks so much, this was my first time doing so...now I know exactly what to do! Since many of my tweaked/favorite presets sound different now is there a way to identify what’s possibly changed to allow me to re-configure the setting? After I did the cab+ preset bundle import into one blank preset location in Ax Edit ALL of favorite presets sound much brighter now and not as authentic sounding as they once did. I’m not sure what’s changed though with certainty but, I’m assuming it’s some type of global cab modification that’s affected the core tone of my precisely detailed presets.

Back
Top Bottom