SKB Shallow Rack Fit for Axe-Fx III

Hi all,

I've seen around the forums that some people have used the SKB shallow 4U or 3U cases with their Axe Fx iii.

I'm needing to buy a rack and just wanted to know if these do fit well or not. I've seen some say they do and others say they are extremely tight.

Can anyone advise on whether or not I should go shallow or normal size? Or I'm open to an alternative too if there are any suggestions.

Thanks!

shallow should fit. just compare the dimensions of the specific case you choose. all cables will have to be disconnected to close the rear case, most likely.

Thanks, I'm going to go for the 4U SKB Shallow fit as I've seen people say it fits perfectly and I would actually prefer the smaller size for my desk too. FIngers crossed it fits and the case closes ok with the handles on the AXE iii.

I use the skb shallow, back I converted my xlr's to right angle, all the cables are right angle, just keeps it tidy.

I bought a new style SKB full size 6 space rack a few months ago and it was so much larger and heavier than my older model full size SKB case that I sent it back and bought a Gator short case instead. It is perfect and much lighter than the SKB with the same protection.GatorCase3.jpg GatorCase2.jpg GatorCase1.jpg

I bought a new style SKB full size 6 space rack a few months ago and it was so much larger and heavier than my older model full size SKB case that I sent it back and bought a Gator short case instead. It is perfect and much lighter than the SKB with the same protection.View attachment 54037 View attachment 54038 View attachment 54039
Thank you! I have been looking for someone with this case. I am assuming it closes without any issues right? Do you have to unplug anything besides the power chord to close it up?

Thank you! I have been looking for someone with this case. I am assuming it closes without any issues right? Do you have to unplug anything besides the power chord to close it up?
Nope- I just unplug the power cord to the wall and close it up with no issues. The lid has plenty of space inside it too. I really like this case- it is more like the older SKB cases before they made them too heavy duty and big. It’s perfect for the Axe and this kind of rig and doesn’t weigh a ton either.

Last edited:
Nope- I just unplug the power cord to the wall and close it up with no issues. The kid has plenty of space inside it too. I really like this case- it is more like the older SKB cases before they made them too heavy duty and big. It’s perfect for the Axe and this kind of rig and doesn’t weigh a ton either.
Thanks for the info... just made my day!

Do you have to use right angle cables, or are regular ones fine? i don't wanna squish my xlrs when i put the lid on.
just checked the SKB shallow. right angles are not necessary for xlr. tested with amphenol xlrs, but there is plenty of room so i doubt any other kind would have problems

Back
Top Bottom