Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.02 Firmware Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's here!
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6895
The most eagerly awaited Bass patch in history.
Make sure you use the best equipment available like a £200 Fender Squier PJ Bass and a nice plectrum with plenty of give.

On a side note, after that bombshell...
I can't seem to get Axe Edit to update. Some download error. I will try again tomorrow perhaps.

Sounds phat through my dingwall. It has nice percussiveness to it. Thanks dude!

Sorry......it has been a few month's away from my Fractal and I forget stuff.Thanx guys.......gonna go play with the Skull Crusher now.

After installing this latest firmware, all I can say is that the sound and feel of the axefx II has never been better. In my opinion, this is the most significant firmware update. The tone is excellent. The feel is significantly better. The note attack is most improved; note bloom is improved. The improvement is there whether the amp has a cf circuit or not. Excellent!

SV Bass 1! Wow! I used to have a early 70s V4. The SV captures a lot of that amp, minus the obnoxious filter switches that took it into head slicing treble or cocked wah on top of a muted trumpet midrange. Didn't realize how much i missed that amp until i loaded up the SV!

Last edited:
After installing this latest firmware, all I can say is that the sound and feel of the axefx II has never been better. In my opinion, this is the most significant firmware update. The tone is excellent. The feel is significantly better. The note attack is most improved; note bloom is improved. The improvement is there whether the amp has a cf circuit or not. Excellent!
I agree.My old presets sound better but I had to drop the gain a bit.The Skull Crusher once I dropped the gain it sounds very good.

I am sorry I still on default Aries 1.00
again late on the news
working a lot and donot always have time
What is this update all about ?

I am sorry I still on default Aries 1.00
again late on the news
working a lot and donot always have time
What is this update all about ?
the first post of most threads tells what it's about.

the release notes included with the download of Firmware also tells what it's about.

seems like bug fixes.

Cliff, you da man! As everyone else said, your commitment to customers is the stuff of legends.

I installed it this afternoon, made a patch with 5F8 Tweed (and a PEQ and FAS Boost in front), didn't get past that! Sounds pretty great, no tweaking of advanced parameters except Sag to get that bounciness I like. Maybe tomorrow I can get far enough to hear a Vox and a Plexi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom