Drop "D" Tuning set up

axedude

So I read a bunch of stuff in the manual and in the FAS forums about the Pitch Block and Virtual Capo etc. But I couldn't find anything about only changing pitch of a single string such as a Drop "D" (a.k.a. Drop the "E" String only)

Is this possible now with the updated Pitch Block ?

So I read a bunch of stuff in the manual and in the FAS forums about the Pitch Block and Virtual Capo etc. But I couldn't find anything about only changing pitch of a single string such as a Drop "D" (a.k.a. Drop the "E" String only)

Is this possible now with the updated Pitch Block ?
no. how can it affect only one string?

no. how can it affect only one string?

I knew it might be tricky, but thought it could work similarly to the TC Electronic PolyTune which identifies each string even when played polyphonically. I thing the technology is there, or at least close to being there so was just curious. I already knew without a special guitar or pick up it may not work, but was hopeful. Oh well. Maybe in the future, sure would be handy. Maybe FAS can come up with a way to use inexpensive stick on special pickup ONLY for that purpose just to identify and separate strings in processing. Imagine the possibilities !!

Anybody know of a MIDI pickup that might work for this purpose with AXE FX 3 ?

Get a guitar with that d-tuner thingy on the bridge like the EVH Wolfgang?
A real d-tuner is better than a fake emulation here.
The L6 JTV stuff is ok, but not great.

I knew it might be tricky, but thought it could work similarly to the TC Electronic PolyTune which identifies each string even when played polyphonically. I thing the technology is there, or at least close to being there so was just curious. I already knew without a special guitar or pick up it may not work, but was hopeful. Oh well. Maybe in the future, sure would be handy. Maybe FAS can come up with a way to use inexpensive stick on special pickup ONLY for that purpose just to identify and separate strings in processing. Imagine the possibilities !!

Anybody know of a MIDI pickup that might work for this purpose with AXE FX 3 ?
The Axe cannot interpret a midi pickup.

Back
Top Bottom