Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.02 Firmware Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
so really, a soft reset should be enough, as everything to do with the cathode follower is reset. i'll double check when i get round to updating.

Still convinced the SV Bass 2 is the old model. I could be wrong and it doesn't really matter but just a heads up to anyone trying to get back their old patches,

Sorry i was wrong, i re-read the AxeFx III release notes and. ..
View attachment 53649

I accept that there are no errors in SV amps but they would have to warn that the sound is completely different and with three times more output signal so these things would not happen.

For my SV Bass 1 is another totally different amp, none of my old presets is valid.

Last edited:
Cliff said in the release notes of 1.01 that presets before Quantum 7 are not supported. I am on Quantum 5. What is the best way to update now? First install Quantum 10.0 and after that install Quantum 1.02?

Cliff said in the release notes of 1.01 that presets before Quantum 7 are not supported. I am on Quantum 5. What is the best way to update now? First install Quantum 10.0 and after that install Quantum 1.02?
You don't need to install separate firmwares to "catch up" or anything. Just go straight to 1.02. From the release notes:

Ares 1.01
Ported most of the “Ares” modeling from the Axe-Fx III. NOTE: To make space for the required additional code, support for presets created prior to Quantum 7.00 has been removed. While these presets will load certain parameters may not initialize correctly. Be sure to audition any presets created before Quantum7.00. It is also recommended to do a “soft reset” of the Amp block on these presets by deselecting and then reselecting the model.

well you could possibly save yourself some time by updating to firmware 8, say, doing a bulk save (with fractool or from the front panel?) and then updating to ares.

If all my presets were made after Q7, I don't need to do anything after updating to A1.02 (neither "soft" nor "hard" reset). Am I right?

Cliff and Co. did a great job tailoring my frilly Shakespearean collar at the last minute before my show last weekend!

:p
much as I wanted to make a snarky/clever sartorial reference when I saw that (fairly common) syntax error, I then thought how articulate most all members whose first language is not American English are here at the forum , and I do believe most of them do not use translators, and how embarrassed I am
to be non fluent in any other tongue .... so Skol, Proost, Salute,Будем здоровы/ На здоровье,Sei gesund,Salud, Na zdrowie, Cheers, and Up yer Bum, to all Fractal Fans worldwide no matter how you dress.

much as I wanted to make a snarky/clever sartorial reference when I saw that (fairly common) syntax error, I then thought how articulate most all members whose first language is not American English are here at the forum , and I do believe most of them do not use translators, and how embarrassed I am
to be non fluent in any other tongue .... so Skol, Proost, Salute,Будем здоровы/ На здоровье,Sei gesund,Salud, Na zdrowie, Cheers, and Up yer Bum, to all Fractal Fans worldwide no matter how you dress.

Don't worry my friend - Prost!:sunglasses:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom