Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.02 Firmware Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! Thank you so much Cliff! This is why I'm fractal for life. Not only does it sound amazing already but you continue to improve it and add so much more goodness. I really enjoyed the ride! Who knows, maybe I'll buy the 3 or what ever else you end up putting out. I also love the fact that you put all you could from the new unit into our older models. Thanks!!

I had to manually download this one since the system still thought I was on 1.0, but after the update, all of the version numbers are aligned in the computer software.

Maybe asking too much for the II, but it would be nice to get a final update on the factory presets so that they are consistent with the new Ares firmware. I think a lot has changed since the last update of factory presets and it would be a fitting finale for the II to have updated firmware and presets. Probably too much work but it sure would put the II in a nice final spot.

Note to self;

'Self, next time you download and install new firmware, check the connection to the headphone jack of the removable cord you just stepped on, before you start freaking out because the new firmware makes your presets sound like you're listening to them over a transatlantic phone line, in the early 70's!'

Wow! This feels and sounds incredible. I'm noticing a much bigger difference between this release and the first Ares release than Quantum to Ares. Maybe it's just because I'm home alone and playing LOUD.

Thanks for the cookie!

Just sat down to download 1.01 and found this.
Thank you! Super excited to try it.

Last edited:
I've been away for a few months and just tried to catch up reading through the previous threads. Simply amazing generosity and dedication from Cliff and FAS.
With that said I still have two questions:

1) Does beta 1.02 include the latest Ares modeling changes he reported just last weekend? https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-firmware-release.148248/page-21#post-1765923
2) Was it ever mentioned if a final AE update would be provided that would include that one missing parameter (speaker compliance IIRC)?

It just seems proper to end with every feature and parameter that Cliff miraculously stuffed into these things is fully accessible and functional in AE as well. But then again what do I know... I'm a network engineer and not a developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom