AFIII Van Halen - "Drop Dead Legs" (short take)

GuitarMan86

Power User
Hey All,

Just sorting some recording issues out and tweaking along the way. Recently picked up this 5150 EVH guitar and had to play some VH at some point.....obviously hah. Hopefully I did some justice on it in one take and quick edit. One single guitar track. Used free from guitarbackingtrack.com

Let me preface by also saying that I was not trying to replicate Eddies tone here. This is just the tone I seem to gravitate to when creating a preset.

Guitar is direct USB with a free guitar backing track.
TS808 out front drive at 0 mix at 100.
Amp is HBE v2 with only basic settings touched.(drive 6, bass 3, mid 6, treb 6, Master 5, Level -12db)
Cab is 5153 160c 4x12 with low cut at 70hz high cut 10000.
Pitch dual detune -7ct and +7ct Mix 10%
Delay digital mono 500ms 10% mix
Reverb Gynasium 10% mix

FW 4.03

......it's that simple. No other tweaking or processing. Hope you all enjoy. Will get some other vids going as I get a bit better with the editing.

Last edited:
Hey All,

Just sorting some recording issues out and tweaking along the way. Recently picked up this 5150 EVH guitar and had to play some VH at some point.....obviously hah. Hopefully I did some justice on it in one take and quick edit. One single guitar track. Used free from guitarbackingtrack.com

Let me preface by also saying that I was not trying to replicate Eddies tone here. This is just the tone I seem to gravitate to when creating a preset.

Guitar is direct USB with a free guitar backing track.
TS808 out front drive at 0 mix at 100.
Amp is HBE v2 with only basic settings touched.(drive 6, bass 3, mid 6, treb 6, Master 5, Level -12db)
Cab is 5153 160c 4x12 with low cut at 70hz high cut 10000.
Pitch dual detune -7ct and +7ct Mix 10%
Delay digital mono 500ms 10% mix
Reverb Gynasium 10% mix

FW 4.03

......it's that simple. No other tweaking or processing. Hope you all enjoy. Will get some other vids going as I get a bit better with the editing.

Great job with the licks sounds great. Keep them coming...;):D

Back
Top Bottom