Still Amazing

I've been struggling with this lately, as well. I keep thinking I could sell my XL+ and have enough money buy a new AX8 with an exp pedal or 2 while I use plugins for recording. Then I play the XL+, and I'm like, "what was I thinking?" I have to keep it!

I've tried on too many occasions to streamline my workflow with softamps. They sound ok but never quite good enough. Every UAudio plugin sounds decent but never quite there, I plugin my my "legacy" Axe FX II and boom...it's there.

Just my 2 Cents
I went from amp and cab over to sims back when Native Instruments Guitar Rig 2 had just been released. I remember having good results with Amplitube and Guitar but it still never sounded right in the mix.
My plan was to go back to amp and cab and I almost went with a Randal amp and man am I glad I chose Fractal.

Last edited:
I just recently jumped back to the UAD platform with an Apollo twin usb and a Satellite.The UAD amp that still blows me away is the Suhr SE100.Stick that amp in a Unison slot and WOW!Oh the fatness,tightness,and huge factor is WOW!

Back
Top Bottom