Is it possible to use/overwrite factory IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that people will use the utility and invariably write over their factory IRs and then we've got a support issue. Making an internal utility available to the public opens Pandora's box of support nightmares.
agreed.

having factory cabs also allows everyone to use the exact same settings when needed. if someone nukes them all, i would have an almost impossible time trying to help them "get a good sound."

The problem is that people will use the utility and invariably write over their factory IRs and then we've got a support issue. Making an internal utility available to the public opens Pandora's box of support nightmares.

this I cannot see actually. If a (beginner) user e.g. overwites the factory presets with crap presets and gets no sound anymore this is not causing an issue too,no? Its always possible to restore those presets with the factory ones, why shouldnt it be possible with IRs ?

and Chris: the "everyone same setting same sound" argument is actually same wrong with the III (even more) than it was with the II.
Everywhere people are "complaining" that preset exchange actually doesnt work for lots of reasons,...different pickups, guitars, power amps, hands...ears.... So there is anyway no "standard"tone to share and discuss when not hearing yourself

Given that so many of the factory IR’s are already a sampling from various 3rd party offerings, I find it very hard to believe you don’t find any of the factory IR’s good.

did you have the II before the III....why? wanted "more"?......

Hey it´s not I am asking for something that will cut or kill anything for those who love the factory IRs - be happy with them if you like them! I just would wish for a posibiltity to use the storage space for something usefull for all those others who dont like/use them - not more.
It would be a big plus for those who wnat and not a single minus for all others....
If we're getting into semantics, the discussion is pointless. Thought this discussion was "more" as a quantity, not "more" as a quality or improvement.

Back on topic, the Axe III doubled the number of user slots from the II. So again, how many is enough? It seems your argument would not end if they increased the number of user slots to 4,000 but kept the same, uneditable 2,000 factory slots.

It's also difficult to see how sampling and mixing IRs for "hours" on the device itself is more efficient or easier than in Axe-Edit.

Given that so many of the factory IR’s are already a sampling from various 3rd party offerings, I find it very hard to believe you don’t find any of the factory IR’s good.

are you tweaking presets yourself? (you shouldnt....given that many factory presets...it´shard to believe that you dont find good ones ....)
same point, no?

actually I dont see any point for a real discussion. Its about ME, who would LIKE to have more slots for MY IRs. What is disturbing here? If I think I can take an advantage FOR ME out of this - what is the point people discussion that I dont need them......please dont tell me what I should need or not?....thanks a lot....

and Chris: the "everyone same setting same sound" argument is actually same wrong with the III (even more) than it was with the II.
Everywhere people are "complaining" that preset exchange actually doesnt work for lots of reasons,...different pickups, guitars, power amps, hands...ears.... So there is anyway no "standard"tone to share and discuss when not hearing yourself
hi. i've been helping people with the Axe-Fx for over 10 years now.

it is helpful to have a starting point with 100% exact same settings.

actually I dont see any point for a real discussion. Its about ME, who would LIKE to have more slots for MY IRs. What is disturbing here? If I think I can take an advantage FOR ME out of this - what is the point people discussion that I dont need them......please dont tell me what I should need or not?....thanks a lot....
a wish affects every user of the Axe-Fx. discussion is allowed.

You posted in a public forum. Discussions happen, go figure.

hi. i've been helping people with the Axe-Fx for over 10 years now.

it is helpful to have a starting point with 100% exact same settings.

a wish affects every user of the Axe-Fx. discussion is allowed.

so if you e.g. help a user and find that he already spoiled a factory preset of discussion in deep parameters...what do you do? Discussing each parameter and readjust,or just advice to reload the factory preset and start from there?....same possible with IRs

its not about the "discussion". I just dont like to be taught what I should like or not (and was not towards you btw.)

It's also difficult to see how sampling and mixing IRs for "hours" on the device itself is more efficient or easier than in Axe-Edit.

...."discussion" unfortunately means that all parties connected understand the topic of the discussion.....Axe Edit is at least not the topic...

so if you e.g. help a user and find that he already spoiled a factory preset of discussion in deep parameters...what do you do? Discussing each parameter and readjust,or just advice to reload the factory preset and start from there?....same possible with IRs
i can share a preset as a starting point and know it's exactly the same. it has nothing to do with factory presets. i never said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom