FAMC Liquid Foot+ Axe-Fx III support

@henryrobinett: what is the response time like relative to your LF? While I've adjusted to it, I'm always a little disappointed with the lag between physically pushing a LF button and the actual change (this is with "Immediate" settings and no secondary button functions).

I really don't even consider LF updates much anymore. I never was able to get the built in engine functioning the way I was hoping and kept encountering too many unexplained conflicts (e.g. why is my Pitch block displayed as blocked when I didn't even trigger that IA?). So I'm treating it as a midi controller and doing all of the programming manually. I've already put in most of the effort by setting up CC and IA assignments, and mostly just tweak page layouts and specific presets. All that said, if the response time of the FC6/12 still lags, I don't think I need to spend the money to upgrade.

I finally threw in the towel. You can't say I'm not loyal. I hung in for years when I couldn't get it to work. I finally got the FC-12 and it's awesome. So simple and perfect, obviously. I haven't sold the LF+12+ just yet. I'm going to set it up for Ableton Live 10. I don't use it too often. It might be overqualified. Let's see.

I'm jealous! I can't wait to get my 2 FC-12's. I have a long wait bc I signed up on the wait list either July or August. I'm going to keep my LF+ 12+ to use in song mode and send tempo changes. I'm probably going to keep my PRO+ for my Axe-Fx II.

Talk about JEALOUS!! I was trying to justify also getting the FC-6. 2 FC012! Man. And the PRO+. Axe-Fx III and II. I am not worthy!

@henryrobinett: what is the response time like relative to your LF? While I've adjusted to it, I'm always a little disappointed with the lag between physically pushing a LF button and the actual change (this is with "Immediate" settings and no secondary button functions).

I really don't even consider LF updates much anymore. I never was able to get the built in engine functioning the way I was hoping and kept encountering too many unexplained conflicts (e.g. why is my Pitch block displayed as blocked when I didn't even trigger that IA?). So I'm treating it as a midi controller and doing all of the programming manually. I've already put in most of the effort by setting up CC and IA assignments, and mostly just tweak page layouts and specific presets. All that said, if the response time of the FC6/12 still lags, I don't think I need to spend the money to upgrade.
The LF is quite slow in comparison. But I'm still very new.

FAMC Rant coming. Apologies ahead of time -

The problem with FAMC - Liquid Foot is it's dead, IMHO. I don't know whether life stuff, and if so certainly don't blame Jeff for this - he has a life outside of LF, but the format is not being supported to the extent that it needs to be. It's too bad because it's a great controller or rather had the potential to be the best. I was looking for some youtube videos for setting it up, or looking for anyone with experience setting it up with Ableton Live. Most of the videos were 10 years old. I'm not trying to convince anyone to jump ship. I'm just saying why I did. I wasted so many hours trying to figure out how to program it. AND I DID, until Axe Fx III. The Editor worked for me until it didn't. And somewhere in the editor updates and II XL it stopped communicating with my Mac. I repeatedly had to do that terminal thing. You know, if it's THAT complicated to get it working with Mac, or if its too expensive to apply for an Apple Developers license or whatever is required, you just shouldn't be doing it. Putting the burden on the customer rather than investing in your company -- OK. I'm done. Sorry.

OTOH the FC-12 is such a pleasure to program. It makes me want to weep. LOL.

All the Channel issues I was having seem to be resolved.

I admit once I started playing through my Axe-Fx III I kinda had an attention deficit disorder moment and forgot about the LF+.

Quick experiment w 6.20 (edited): tried a quick re-reprogram (first attempt had an issue due to a midi loop). Scene selection and channel selection for 1 effect working well so far. Perhaps I'll get more reprogramming done in time for the weekend's gigs. Hopeful...

Last edited:
Has anyone used setlist/song mode with scenes on the III? If so can you share your configuration file?

I have a Jr and want to create a page where I can see a list if 8 songs in the setlist with 2nd functions to bank up and bank down. I do that with presets now but I want to reorder songs for different gigs, and the AxeIII software can’t insert song which makes this process a PITA.

Second question: I have a Scenes page. What methods can I use to automatically switch to Scenes page when a select a Preset or Song? I know I can add a “step” in each Preset but I was hoping for a solution that doesn’t involve modding each preset.

I just updated my pedal to the new firmware, but I'm having a weird issue...I'm sure I must have something I need to change in my programing and haven't figured it out yet. Thanks to @GotMetalBoy I have a several pages to accomplish what I need in the small format of the Jr+. My main page has 4 presets on the bottom row and the upper row has 2 functions, scene selection and access to my other pages. While connected to my Axe III, when I select a preset, those 2nd functions (page selection) disappear. If I power cycle the pedal, my normal settings are there until I select a preset again...What setting am I missing??? I'll attach my programing in case that helps.
I want the pedal to update preset and scene names if I've changed them in the Axefx, but don't want any other programming to change on the pedal and definitely nothing to change in the axefx III.

Attachments

• AxeIII Mine live sync attemp.syx
    611.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Has anyone used setlist/song mode with scenes on the III? If so can you share your configuration file?

I have a Jr and want to create a page where I can see a list if 8 songs in the setlist with 2nd functions to bank up and bank down. I do that with presets now but I want to reorder songs for different gigs, and the AxeIII software can’t insert song which makes this process a PITA.

Second question: I have a Scenes page. What methods can I use to automatically switch to Scenes page when a select a Preset or Song? I know I can add a “step” in each Preset but I was hoping for a solution that doesn’t involve modding each preset.

I'll share my programming. I should have it done this weekend.

Regarding your 2nd question, You have 2 options:

== Set Page Per Preset ==
+ Go to the Preset tab
+ In the lower left, Default Page, select the page you want to load every time that preset is selected

== Set Page Per Song ==
+ Go to the Song tab
+ On the right side, Under Command Programming, Select the Function: Page Change and then select the page you want to load with the song
+ I don't recommend enabling Resend Programming w/ each preset trigger

I'll share my programming. I should have it done this weekend.

Regarding your 2nd question, You have 2 options:

+ Go to the Preset tab
+ In the lower left, Default Page, select the page you want to load every time that preset is selected

== Set Page Per Song ==
+ Go to the Song tab
+ On the right side, Under Command Programming, Select the Function: Page Change and then select the page you want to load with the song
+ I don't recommend enabling Resend Programming w/ each preset trigger

Thanks. I was hoping there was a global (one click :) ) method to make all presets/songs go to a page but this will do.

Turns out the update function grabbed a test version of the firmware. I loaded up the new version and it took care of that problem. I'm going to request an option to permanently keep the song on the main display as I don't like the lag when selecting hide/delay. Only thing I'm not digging so far.

Anyone able to use looper with internal buttons? My LF mini switches seems to lag a little. They are not silent switches- there is a noticeable clang sound when hitting a switch.

Turns out the update function grabbed a test version of the firmware. I loaded up the new version and it took care of that problem. I'm going to request an option to permanently keep the song on the main display as I don't like the lag when selecting hide/delay. Only thing I'm not digging so far.

Did you have to go to the the download page and download the firmware and then manually install it with the Editor or was the Editor's auto download corrected?

Did you have to go to the the download page and download the firmware and then manually install it with the Editor or was the Editor's auto download corrected?
The editors auto download thought I had the most current firmware. I used the firmware that FAMC sent me in reply to my ticket.

+ Go to the Preset tab

When I used 6.20 with the Preset tab Default Page feature it loads the page but some button definitions like preset up, preset down and page select don't display on load. I submitted a support ticket.

When I used 6.20 with the Preset tab Default Page feature it loads the page but some button definitions like preset up, preset down and page select don't display on load. I submitted a support ticket.
Are you talking about on the editor or the pedal? If on the pedal, mine does this as well until I select a different preset and then the 2nd functions appear. Hopefully they'll fix that bug as welll as the main screen control.

Back
Top Bottom