Slow gear wish (fast volume auto swell) again

• Thread starter Deleted member 62268
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62268

Hi,

Already posted at the ax8 page. Just trying to figure this out.

Does anyone know if there is a way with the ax8 or axe fx II to get this type of effect? Audio file below.

Very quick auto-swell. I can not find a way to make it work in Ax Edit. I have the volume block, and have assigned an envelope with the same parameters from some previously posted Slow Gear presets in the exchange, but I can not get the quick response time.

If anyone can help me with this please let me know.

<blockquote class="embedly-card"><h4><a href="">Slow gear</a></h4><p>Listen to Slow gear the new song from musicexamples1</p></blockquote>
<script async src="//cdn.embedly.com/widgets/platform.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

i tried this and found envelope to be a little more reliable than the adsr. attach the envelope modifier to the "volume" parameter in a volume block and make sure to set the volume taper to "linear"

then in the modifiers section, find the envelope modifier and set the threshold to about -55db and the attack to 50ms. you might want to bump the gain parameter up to about 1.6 as well

now these values will need tweaking depending on how much output your pickups have and how hard you pick, but as long as you don't play too fast it should work as you want.

you might find watching my ancient modifiers video on the youtubes helpful. just search for "axe controllers overview"

you might find watching my ancient modifiers video on the youtubes helpful. just search for "axe controllers overview"

Ok, awesome thanks.

I will watch your videos. Do you have any possible preset examples you would be comfortable with sharing that sound similar to the sound file I posted?

I can’t get the envelope tracking to respond well to fast single notes. Should I try maybe a noise gate?

Do you have any possible preset examples you would be comfortable with sharing that sound similar to the sound file I posted?

no, it's not something i personally use. not much point me making you one from scratch either, because i've told you exactly what you need to do and nothing i make will translate to your particular guitar, playing style or pickups. just follow the instructions and tweak to taste.

no, it's not something i personally use. not much point me making you one from scratch either, because i've told you exactly what you need to do and nothing i make will translate to your particular guitar, playing style or pickups. just follow the instructions and tweak to taste.

Understood. Respect.

No I didn’t. And I don’t what that is. Sorry.

How does it work and how could I use it?
It's part of the modifier settings. It "damps" the response of the modifier my slowing the rate of change. The default is 10ms, I think.

I think Simeon has given you better advice ;)

Back
Top Bottom