The band Failure using Axe-Fx II

It looks like both Greg and Ken are using the Mastermind's now, instead of the MFC....

I wonder if they're also using the RJM Effect Gizmo for outboard pedals as well. I know they used the Rainbow Machine and a few other EarthQuaker Devices pedals on the new record, and that might be a way to incorporate external pedals along with scenes. Maybe? I dunno.

They had stated that they are only bringing a single Rainbow Machine, per rig, on the road. Thus, the Axe-FX's Effects Loop / Insert Point should handle that just fine.

I asked Ken how much the Axe-Fx was used on The Heart is a Monster and he said..

Ken Andrews said:
The only non-fractal stuff is the feedback stuff, which we did with pedals in front of a fender twin and just played in the room with the amp. We did use pedals in front of the Axe sometimes.
-Ken

It's an outstanding album all around. Really great production.

Rehashing an old thread. Saw Failure Sunday and got an up close look at the big boards etc.
I'd seen them back in the day with amps on stage a few different times. This time around though It was a whole new ballgame. Totally immersive, very defined sounds. A legit stimuli overload for sure. Great band indeed.

Back
Top Bottom