I/O Help

Derrick McGill

So since I have gotten my AX* i ran my I/O Out 1 at -10 dBu and my instrument pad at 0. I was told by fractal that i do not need my out at -10. can anyone help me because im clipping super bad if i dont.

Where are you clipping? On the input signal or the output signal (like to a mixer or your recording interface)? If you’re clipping in the out check to see if whatever is clipping is receiving a line level signal (not mic level). If its on the input you’ll probably want to use some level of pad.

Im clipping at the USB interface. even with the input of interface cut down to pretty much zero. Will running a -10 output pad be okay in the I/O? I always did that and recently was told thats a no no

Im clipping at the USB interface. even with the input of interface cut down to pretty much zero. Will running a -10 output pad be okay in the I/O? I always did that and recently was told thats a no no
Are your interface inputs set to Mic or Line? They should be set to 'Line' level.

What is your AX8 output 'knob' set to?

Are your presets internally leveled close to the '0' line on the internal VU meter?

Back
Top Bottom