Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

Here is what Cliff said...

Huge breakthrough today. Version 5.00 coming soon. I've struggled modeling the cathode follower accurately for, well, forever. Woke up in the middle of the night last night and realized what I've been doing wrong. Spent all day simulating and coding it. The results are excellent. Gets rid of that crackly sound on palm mutes. Instead you get this nice "bong" and almost piano-like low notes. A/B'ing with my Dual Recto and Soldano X88 and it's spot-on.

The algorithm is pretty complex and adds 10% CPU usage but fortunately the Axe-Fx III has power to spare and it runs on the second CPU so the user won't even notice. Doubt I'll be able to port it to the II though as that CPU is almost maxed out.

I have to enter data for all the amp models but I might be able to have a beta later tonight.

I’ve been avoiding looking at the axe FX III forum since I don’t want to have GAS for an axe FX III :(

If cliff is working on some new and exciting things I would fully expect him to get them all down and working on the III before he even begins the process of attempting to port any of it to the now-discontinued II. Give him time, current products are gonna be the priority.

Wouldn't you rather give him time? It can only work in your favour (upu)

Sure, but i don`t think it will fit. Nor does the man him self.
And it`s been 60 days, since it was 2 days ( lol ) too get the last and final FW
This is way i what the last and final FW

Others would like to have all the III options.. i don`t. Just give me a final send off :)

All us II users are waiting for the ‘final’ firmware minus bugs. Plus Cliff is working on improvements of the ARES on the III. The III is the priority I would think since the II is discontinued... but, the man himself said he was importing all he could into the II and fix the bugs of course. I would imagine this takes time. The II sounds great, and I haven’t updated to the ARES yet because I choose to wait until the bugs are fixed and it’s final.

Moral of the story... Be patient and be happy with what you have and play your guitar! We’ll get our update when it’s ready :D

mmm.. multiband compressor doesn't show compression amount.

P.s. Don't hurry, Cliff, i'm sure everything is on time in our life.

If Cliff can get it to chug half a bong, it's well worth the wait.

What does the `Axe-Fx III FW. 5.0 ` say ?

Dog goes "woof"
Cat goes "meow"
Bird goes "tweet"
And mouse goes "squeek"
Cow goes "moo"
Frog goes "croak"
And the elephant goes "toot"
Ducks say "quack"
And fish go "blub"
And the seal goes "ow ow ow"

But there's one sound..
That no one knows !
What does the Axe-Fx III say?

bong, bong, bong, chug.... bong, bong, bong, chug....
bong, bong, bong, chug.... bong, bong, bong, chug....BOOM !

LOL ;)

Back
Top Bottom