Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have found a bug.
Open Burgs 8 scenes, all cleans preset and choose scene 1 Bandmaster.
Try and bypass the Rotary block.

I tried spacebar and bypass in AxeEdit and I also tried to bypass it with the front panel. I can replace it with a shunt but I can't bypass it. If I replace it with a new Rotary I can bypass that, but I can't bypass the original.

Maybe I'm overlooking something but I thought I would point it out.

I think it's because there's a controller limkili it to a pedal ....

It's exactly because of the controller.

Okay, thanks guys removing the controller on the rate allowed me to bypass it. I don't have an FC Controler (yet, I'm on the list) and I hadn't seen this in a preset where it overrides the panel's ability to bypass.

Last edited:
More Info:
If I un-link the controller by setting the Rotary rate controller from 'FC1 Pedal 1' to 'none', I can bypass the Rotary as expected. If I set the controller back to 'FC1 Pedal 1' I can still bypass the rotary.
Maybe it's doing this because I don't have a FC Controller setup to my Axe-FX. If I set it to an LFO or something like that I can still enable and disable it.

Seems a little strange, that's all. Not a show stopper, it may only raise to the surface when sharing presets.

Ahhhh funny you mention that IR; just last night I was going thru user presets on the AX8 and revisited Larry's patches....I had to stop at his AC20 preset/IR and play for some time. Larry's IR is awesome and pairs nicely with those kind of amps/tones.

I went hunting for that IR today, @Gregmang mentioned it a few posts back, looks like I'm too late to the party, and it has been taken down, ;-(. oh well, still love that AC20!!

I went hunting for that IR today, @Gregmang mentioned it a few posts back, looks like I'm too late to the party, and it has been taken down, ;-(. oh well, still love that AC20!!

These are the droids you're looking for, though you can also find the presets (and cabs) on the official FAS page here.

Attachments

• U0001_AC20 LM.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 48
  • U0002_4x12 BRIT LM.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 43
  • U0003_DELUXE LM.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 44
More Info:
If I un-link the controller by setting the Rotary rate controller from 'FC1 Pedal 1' to 'none', I can bypass the Rotary as expected. If I set the controller back to 'FC1 Pedal 1' I can still bypass the rotary.
Maybe it's doing this because I don't have a FC Controller setup to my Axe-FX. If I set it to an LFO or something like that I can still enable and disable it.

Seems a little strange, that's all. Not a show stopper, it may only raise to the surface when sharing presets.

I think he may have also had that set to auto engage. I am not at my Axe. Maybe after you set to none then back to the FC it was no longer set to auto engage.

Use Fractool to convert presets to the III. Those are 3 cabinets he posted which will work with the III already.
Thanks. I haven't converted XL Plus presets, since I did my own presets, from my XL Plus. On the III, they just didn't sound anywhere close, as what they sounded like, on my XL Plus. So I started from scratch and created new ones.
But I'll give it a try. I still have a couple XL Plus units, so I can compare.

I actually had a problem with a rotary block being in permanent bypass a while ago. It was during my switch from a MIDI foot controller to the FC, and therefore a major reshuffling of controllers. I went through every option, including deleting all controllers, and could not solve the problem. Deleting and re-installing the block didn't solve it either. I eventually rebuilt the preset from scratch.

Probably another bug:
Sometimes when selecting the Tim1 drive, I get an oscillating tone:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tgqvt3pm4c8zq1x/AxeFx Oscillation.wav?dl=0
This is the preset:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgfkmrx8r2rggnc/Stereo Plexis.syx?dl=0
When selecting another channel and going back to the Tim1, it's gone.
Remove the connection from OUT1 to OUT4. You've created an internal feedback loop. You really need to simply this patch. It's unnecessarily complicated.

My Class A amp sounds bassy like the fenders did in beta#1. Does anyone else have this issue ?

I used the Class A a lot in my Axe-FX II and it was very clean. I am not certain how it sounded in my Axe III before V5 beta but it dosen't have a clean sound now.

@Jason Scott , The link you posted are for the presets for Axe-Fx II or AX8.

They should work fine if converted using FracTool. The reason they don't sound the same on the III as the XL+ has nothing to do with FracTool. The III is simply using a different firmware with updated modeling algorithms.

Are the 3 .sys files you posted the same or for the AXE III.

The 3 .sys files I posted are cabs and will work with the III.

Last edited:
They should work fine if converted using FracTool. The reason they don't sound the same on the III as the XL Plus has nothing to do with FracTool. The III is simply using a different firmware with updated modeling algorithms.

i have really old Mark 2 presets and still sound awesome on the Axe 3.

They should work fine if converted using FracTool. The reason they don't sound the same on the III as the XL+ has nothing to do with FracTool. The III is simply using a different firmware with updated modeling algorithms.
[/QUOTE]
That is the reason why I decided to create my presets from scratch. rather han convert. Seemed like a waste of time, since I spent more time tweaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom