Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Hey guys: as you try out the new 4.x firmware, feel free to post here or email me at heybuddy @ austinbuddy. com if you run across an amp that sounds drastically different.

I am going to go through everything (will take many weeknights and weekends) once we get final firmware public and settled down (no bugs) plus a working Axe-Edit, it will take some time, and I may alter the layout and do some FC12/6 stuff, but it is still helpful/good if you flag things.

For example, someone has said the JCM 800 isn't sounding right, and another has noted that cleans seem lesser in volume now. I will check that out. I'll keep a list. The good news is -- most of you I hear from think things are still sounding pretty great using presets from 1.18 under 4.01. But the next update will be specific to 4.x (unless Cliff comes out with 5.x faster than I/we expect)!

Last edited:
FYI, @austinbuddy ,the 4.02 update does not address the bug in your JCM 800 preset that @ElectricPhase discovered and I confirmed, in this pack....and I have confirmed that that the amp (BRIT 800 MOD) itself
sounds fine in any other preset , and substituting any other amp in its place in that particular preset works ok......very weird.....enjoy yer bidness trip, brotha.

Last edited:
FYI, @austinbuddy ,the 4.02 update does not address the bug in your JCM 800 preset that @ElectricPhase discovered and I confirmed, in this pack....and I have confirmed that that the amp (BRIT 800 MOD) itself
sounds fine in any other preset , and substituting any other amp in its place in that particular preset works ok......very weird.....enjoy yer bidness trip, brotha.
EDIT....don’t know if my ears are just fried from today, but it sounds to me the 4.03 update may have fixed this.......what do you think?

@austinbuddy in the Bludojai Lead amp, to my ear there were some notable changes in the bass in particular since 3.whatever. To me, 3.x made me turn the bass way down. 4.0b hit, and suddenly I felt like I was able to turn the bass up more without things getting flubby in the low mids. It seemed really nice there for a couple of days!

As of the last release, I'm once again turning the bass way down (1.5ish) for a crunch tone, and rolling off the cabinet HPF at about 120Hz. So maybe my experience with the Beta was just a fluke.

If you want to wait until summer. I don’t know why you would though. Buddy includes at least one or two free updates to the presets when Fractal makes substantial changes to the firmware.

If you want to wait until summer. I don’t know why you would though. Buddy includes at least one or two free updates to the presets when Fractal makes substantial changes to the firmware.

Yes. Cliff has been churning out firmware at a wonderful and furious rate, but I will do an update by summer and there will be some changes to preset layout.Anyone being today still gets access to future update when ready.

Waiting for the firmware updates from Cliff to stabilize before I expend any major effort to overhaul the Tonepack.... (Avoiding the frustration of re-dialing in 1000 tones over months then the firmware changes again!).

Whlle not every amp preset may sound exactly as I dialed them in under 1.x in the new 4.x firmware, most will be pretty close (or better!) - at least the is the feedback am getting from customers so far.

@austinbuddy in the Bludojai Lead amp, to my ear there were some notable changes in the bass in particular since 3.whatever. To me, 3.x made me turn the bass way down. 4.0b hit, and suddenly I felt like I was able to turn the bass up more without things getting flubby in the low mids. It seemed really nice there for a couple of days!

As of the last release, I'm once again turning the bass way down (1.5ish) for a crunch tone, and rolling off the cabinet HPF at about 120Hz. So maybe my experience with the Beta was just a fluke.

Thanks so much for the feedback -- will be on the list of things I check out when do the TonePack update.

I will tell you my real Bludotone Ojai has a TON of bass with the Bass control...

So, question, should I wait to get AB's naked amps tone pack until he re-does it for 4.03?

Your call, of course. IMHO, though, you may be missing out on some great patches & concepts. These are some of the best patches I've tried, and I've ground through a LOT of them, over the past umpty-ump years.

The layouts for the patches are well considered, and offer versatility for a hobbyist, gigger, or studio ace. The tones are accurate, and give you the feel of the artists they represent. There is a lot of flexibility within each preset, in terms of several scenes. There are various delays, drives, amps and speakers within each preset, to give you the flexiblity to try a couple different ideas easily. Routing options are available for front-of-house, amp and recording. It's obvious that a lot of work has gone into these patches... they weren't just cut & paste, and thrown into a a bundle.

Even if you need to nudge a couple settings to get what you think you want, you're still 99.9% there, with these patches. That, alone, makes them worth the cost.

In addition, austinbuddy is on the Forum daily, and can help if you need any. He offers a couple updates for free, blah, blah, blah..... I can't think of any reason not to buy these.

If you're going to wait for the perfect, final update, you'll never buy them. There are ALWAYS updates in the hopper, especially for the Fractal gear..... and that's a GOOD thing. You can easily become a victim of paralysis by analysis, if you wait for everything to be perfect, while waiting for that one FINAL update, and miss out on a lot of good things.

There are some weblinks to check things out, if you're seriously considering them.

Your call, of course. IMHO, though, you may be missing out on some great patches & concepts. These are some of the best patches I've tried, and I've ground through a LOT of them, over the past umpty-ump years.

The layouts for the patches are well considered, and offer versatility for a hobbyist, gigger, or studio ace. The tones are accurate, and give you the feel of the artists they represent. There is a lot of flexibility within each preset, in terms of several scenes. There are various delays, drives, amps and speakers within each preset, to give you the flexiblity to try a couple different ideas easily. Routing options are available for front-of-house, amp and recording. It's obvious that a lot of work has gone into these patches... they weren't just cut & paste, and thrown into a a bundle.

Even if you need to nudge a couple settings to get what you think you want, you're still 99.9% there, with these patches. That, alone, makes them worth the cost.

In addition, austinbuddy is on the Forum daily, and can help if you need any. He offers a couple updates for free, blah, blah, blah..... I can't think of any reason not to buy these.

If you're going to wait for the perfect, final update, you'll never buy them. There are ALWAYS updates in the hopper, especially for the Fractal gear..... and that's a GOOD thing. You can easily become a victim of paralysis by analysis, if you wait for everything to be perfect, while waiting for that one FINAL update, and miss out on a lot of good things.

There are some weblinks to check things out, if you're seriously considering them.

Totally agree. They are pay ‘n’ play.

Last edited:
@austinbuddy ....and now a 5.0 beta is coming.... Try to keep up will ya...:p
Exactly - I hear ya!

You guys now see why I lay back when Cliff is on a tear...else i could have wasted weeks of time on a TonePack firmware update no one will use. I love watching him get inspired! Can't wait to load 5.0 to check it out when get back to Austin from DC later this week!

So I've had the Axe-FX III for, like, 15 minutes. The first thing I found was the 5.0 firmware update. The next thing I found was Austinbuddy. Timing is everything, right?? Is it prudent to wait for whatever tweaks austinbuddy needs to make, or dive right in? How are these updates handled generally? If I download them and add scenes and effects later, what is the process to get everything in sync?

So I've had the Axe-FX III for, like, 15 minutes. The first thing I found was the 5.0 firmware update. The next thing I found was Austinbuddy. Timing is everything, right?? Is it prudent to wait for whatever tweaks austinbuddy needs to make, or dive right in? How are these updates handled generally? If I download them and add scenes and effects later, what is the process to get everything in sync?

Dive in. I have them and they sound fine on the 5.0 beta. You can always tweak them to suit you if there's something you don't like. I keep hearing that it's going to be quite awhile before Buddy can get to updating these. I've seen him say a few times it will be this summer.

Dive in. I have them and they sound fine on the 5.0 beta. You can always tweak them to suit you if there's something you don't like. I keep hearing that it's going to be quite awhile before Buddy can get to updating these. I've seen him say a few times it will be this summer.

Thanks, that's helpful. Technically speaking, what is involved with an update? Are these just presets, or are they updated blocks or something like that? In other words, if I take 25 of these tones, make modifications, add scenes, etc. Will the update change everything in place, or will I need to recreate all of my mods?

Thanks, that's helpful. Technically speaking, what is involved with an update? Are these just presets, or are they updated blocks or something like that? In other words, if I take 25 of these tones, make modifications, add scenes, etc. Will the update change everything in place, or will I need to recreate all of my mods?

They are just presets. When he releases new ones you'll need to re-tweak them with your changes. Or alternatively, you can check out what his changes are and tweak your own to match. Or just keep yours as they are if you like them and add his new ones to different preset slots and play around.

Lots of options. Some involve more work than others

Back
Top Bottom