Blind Test #1: Axe-Fx III vs. Real Amp

tenor.gif

Please disclose exactly how these samples were made and what is the chain/settings. It is a requirement for any A/B test.
Thanks!

Just listened. the resolution is so low that its really not something that can be judged. Do you have a full resolution files? Its all smeared.

And why are there 5 samples?

I'll be glad to post whatever you want to know after you've posted your answers.

No, i can not enter a blind test if the conditions are not disclosed.
You have to show that the chains create an enviournment that is a fair basis for comparison. This is how A/B tests are made.
And also the files need to be hi resolution, otherwise its all digital low rez soup anyway, so what is the comparison in that...?

Im not sure if you are familiar with Pro Audio A/B tests, but there are regulations and guidelines unless you are in the same room with the gear. This is a compressed to death low res files. There is no detail in them, It may aswell be a synthesizer.

No, i can not enter a blind test if the conditions are not disclosed.
You have to show that the chains create an enviournment that is a fair basis for comparison. This is how A/B tests are made.

Please provide links to all of the blind tests you've taken that disclose the signal chain prior to disclosing the answers.

Either way, it's not a big deal. The real amp was connected to the Axe-Fx through a load box and both the Axe-Fx amp model and real amp were sent to the same IR using the Cab block.

Please post your files without compression or effects. Only Amp to Cab, in hi res. Any type of compression and/or effects/and/or fidelity reduction shaves off all the detail.
The detail is what we are comparing here.

If you quantize to low rez and compress the hell out o it you wouldn't even be able to tell a saxophone from a monophonic synth, Are you a child?

Well, it wasn't 'quantized to low rez' (whatever that means) and compressed to hell. And I'm quite certain you can tell a sax from a monophonic synth even when listening to a low bitrate MP3.

Last edited:
Please post your files without compression or effects. Only Amp to Cab, in hi res. Any type of compression and/or effects/and/or fidelity reduction shaves off all the detail.
The detail is what we are comparing here.

You'll either take the test the way everyone else takes them in general, using high quality MP3 samples, or you're basically admitting you can't tell the difference. Frankly, I kind of figured you'd find every excuse in the world not to answer because you honestly don't know. Like most people who can't admit they don't know, they can't just admit they don't know. They have to blame it on sample quality, signal chain or whatever.

Well, it wasn't 'quantized to low rez' (whatever that means and compressed to hell. And I'm quite certain you can tell a sax from a monophonic synth even when listening to a low bitrate MP3.

If you take a mono synth and a sax, in MP3, squashed and distorted to hell there is no difference, Dynamics are the tell. If you take that away there is nothing let to compare. Im sorry,

Back
Top Bottom