Has Cliff finally allowed the Axe-Fx III to become sentient?

Can the USB connection just stop working on the III?

I have only played my III a small number of times since I purchased it.

I had done the firmware update to 3.01 last month and I was able to connect to Axe Edit with no issues.

I believe I had played on it a few more times after the update but not 100% positive since I have been messing with my XL+ and my Ultra a lot lately.

I decided to I would update it to the latest firmware tonight and start to spend time with the III now but the Fractal-Bot did not show the midi connections for the III when selected in the Fractal-Bot.

I checked the USB connection by trying to use the Axe Edit as well and I kept getting a message saying I needed to update the Axe Edit and I needed to be on 3.02 firmware or above.

It wouldn't allow me to use Axe Edit unless I updated both of them and I was able to use Axe Edit last month after updating the firmware last month.

I uninstalled the USB drivers and I tried to reinstall them again but then a message would appear afterwards saying I needed to disconnect and then reconnect the III which I did over and over again but nothing ever happened (no response).

I replaced the USB cable and this did not fix it.

I tried connecting other devices in the USB slots on my computer and they all worked.

Honestly, I think Cliff has finally allowed the III to become sentient since I have been saying in the forums (and over the phone with the III next to me) that I prefer my XL+ to my III and I believe it has taken it personally :-(

I have apologized to it over and over again but it doesn't seem like the III believes I am being genuine.

Can anyone help me since my III refuses to comply?

You've got to select on Fractalbot what kind of unit it is in a pop-up menu, so then it connects...you did?

"I checked the USB connection by trying to use the Axe Edit as well and I kept getting a message saying I needed to update the Axe Edit and I needed to be on 3.02 firmware or above."
This doesn't appear to be an usb problem

"I checked the USB connection by trying to use the Axe Edit as well and I kept getting a message saying I needed to update the Axe Edit and I needed to be on 3.02 firmware or above."

This doesn't appear to be an usb problem

That's not, but not being able to connect to the III after uninstalling / reinstalling the drivers is, or at least that's what it sounds like.

I'm using Axe Edit 1.01.02 and Axe FXIII firmware 5.00 beta 2 and everything seems to be working fine. I used it all night with no problems. I'm on an I-Mac 10.13.3.

Hey! Weird thing but THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. I re-installed the USB drivers from here: https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-downloads/

And it fixed the problem. Axe-Edit automatically updated while my firmware on the Axe-Fx III hadn't been updated to the required firmware. After this I couldn't connect to FractalBot to even update the Axe-Fx III nor did Axe-Edit work for me. Luckily updating the USB drivers did the job. :)

Can the USB connection just stop working on the III?

I have only played my III a small number of times since I purchased it.

I had done the firmware update to 3.01 last month and I was able to connect to Axe Edit with no issues.

I believe I had played on it a few more times after the update but not 100% positive since I have been messing with my XL+ and my Ultra a lot lately.

I decided to I would update it to the latest firmware tonight and start to spend time with the III now but the Fractal-Bot did not show the midi connections for the III when selected in the Fractal-Bot.

I checked the USB connection by trying to use the Axe Edit as well and I kept getting a message saying I needed to update the Axe Edit and I needed to be on 3.02 firmware or above.

It wouldn't allow me to use Axe Edit unless I updated both of them and I was able to use Axe Edit last month after updating the firmware last month.

I uninstalled the USB drivers and I tried to reinstall them again but then a message would appear afterwards saying I needed to disconnect and then reconnect the III which I did over and over again but nothing ever happened (no response).

I replaced the USB cable and this did not fix it.

I tried connecting other devices in the USB slots on my computer and they all worked.

Honestly, I think Cliff has finally allowed the III to become sentient since I have been saying in the forums (and over the phone with the III next to me) that I prefer my XL+ to my III and I believe it has taken it personally :-(

I have apologized to it over and over again but it doesn't seem like the III believes I am being genuine.

Can anyone help me since my III refuses to comply?

What is the USB firmware version on your Axe-FX? is it 1.06?

(press SETUP > Utilities > Version)

I recently for the first time updated to a beta firmware.
When I went to update to the official firmware 4.03, Fractal Bot did not provide to me the automatic update that's highlighted in blue within the source box.
I wasn't sure if has to do with it being beta, and perhaps in some different mode that is not recognized by Fractalbot.... or if it is Fractal bot.

Hey! Weird thing but THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. I re-installed the USB drivers from here: https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-downloads/

And it fixed the problem. Axe-Edit automatically updated while my firmware on the Axe-Fx III hadn't been updated to the required firmware. After this I couldn't connect to FractalBot to even update the Axe-Fx III nor did Axe-Edit work for me. Luckily updating the USB drivers did the job. :)
Axe-Edit can auto update?

As far as I've experienced, you have to confirm the install.

Update your III to latest firmware or use the matching AxeEdit version

I have now uninstalled everything related to the III and I am going to start over again.

It was working fine before I did the 3.01 update and I thought it was working fine afterwards but it's possible I didn't use the Axe Edit after the update to 3.01.

The unit does say internally that the USB driver is 1.06 and I believe I had already installed the 4.47 version awhile ago but it's possible I never did update it, however, I never get past this point when I try to install 4.47 (I have connected, disconnected it, connected it, disconnected, etc....):
upload_2019-3-15_19-33-57.png

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, etc... many times now, and I am still finding I cannot get a connection to Fractal Bot or Axe Edit, however, my XL+ and the Ultra get a connection with Fractal Bot and their own Axe Edits without any issues.

It would seem like there is an issue with the USB connection from the III.

Firmware on it says 3.01 (Jan 30 2019) and the USB says 1.06

Does anyone know if I should try to use a midi interface like the M-Audio Uno to update things on the III?

I use the M-Audio Uno for my Ultra.

Back
Top Bottom