Cab Block - negative value for Distance paramter?

Hi Folks,

Almost feel guilty for asking (Firmware just went from 4.3 to 5.0)

Is there a chance we could have the option to assign a negative value for the "Distance" parameter in the Cab Block>Align Tab?
That would effectively allow us to move distance in both directions (sometimes necessary for maximum phase alignment)... without having to alter the original IR.

Hi Folks,

Almost feel guilty for asking (Firmware just went from 4.3 to 5.0)

Is there a chance we could have the option to assign a negative value for the "Distance" parameter in the Cab Block>Align Tab?
That would effectively allow us to move distance in both directions (sometimes necessary for maximum phase alignment)... without having to alter the original IR.
i don't understand - can't you move the other IR instead?

My understanding is the net difference is all that matters. The actual "distance" is moot.
I suppose not wanting to do anything to the original IR may make this seem fairly logical,
but in the end it seems more like being picky.

IR window sliders, at the front and the end, so you can manually trim unprocessed IRs (start point), and shorten IRs down to your preferred window length (end point).

it sounds like you need to trim your IRs. I believe cab-lab does this for you, and it may be an option when importing them with axe-manage (not in front of my Axe at the moment)

make a copy and trim it, leave the original alone.

what's the best way to batch process wav files in that manner? (Remove x number of samples from front, rename, save as...) the only in-house option available now is auto trim, digital noise gives sporadic results with the amount trimmed from the front, they all end up different.

Why cut away only a part of the samples of leading silence from an IR and let some samples of silence survive? What would be the idea behind that?
Instead you can fully cut the leading silence, cut it all off. Then you can shift the IR in the cab block in case you want to have leading silence.

what's the best way to batch process wav files in that manner? (Remove x number of samples from front, rename, save as...) the only in-house option available now is auto trim, digital noise gives sporadic results with the amount trimmed from the front, they all end up different.
I'd like to know that too

Back
Top Bottom