Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, I'm gonna add that to the wish list for those of us who aspire to running not boring stereo but a quad/surround rig:
(1) 4-channel reverb (e.g. true asymmetric church reverb being able to pick an x-y location in the church)
(2) 4-channel ping-pong delay, either in a rotating pattern or coming from random locations
(3) 4-channel panning (L, R, front, rear location) with modifiers (e.g. a foot trackball that can locate the guitar anywhere in the quad field)
(4) ...perchance to dream...
Quad panning I think can already be done with clever use of vol/pan blocks (and LFOs for auto-pan) assigned to different outputs.
The other are a bit trickier but maybe can be done too with multiple blocks and some fancy work.

With 8 outputs, I'm surprised someone hasn't already setup their III for 7.1!

Or at least something like Dark Side of the Moon SACD surround sound.
I play out of 2 front Monitors, 2 rear monitors, 2 4*12 Mesa Cabs on the right and 2 4*12 Mesa Cabs on the left ( Cabs powered by Mesa Simul class 2:90) in my sound proof studio. Yes it is ridiculous but that Marty McFly guitar scene at the start of Back to the Future is my all time favourite. It also sounds insanely awesome!

FYI I only use two outputs out of the Axe 3 to my Apogee Ensemble. The 8 outputs come out of that.

This release is the best so far. Thank Cliff.

One small problem that only arises when adding a new amp or doing a reset - The globals allow us to set our AC frequency (50hz in my country) but amp block always set it back to 60Hz.

Thanks so much for your efforts.

I cant seem to get away form the Skull Crusher lol:) I went into the speaker section of the amp, made an adjustment to 80.3 on the LF Res Frequency and with the lowcut engaged it sounds mean

Last edited:
Note, though, how the few that found the issue (now confirmed) were somewhat ostracized by those who couldn't hear it or replicate it. We are all in this (grand Axe experiment) together!
I wouldn't say they were ostracized. There's always a potential for things to be not-reproducible when you report a bug. Note, even Cliff was not able to hear a problem when he checked earlier in the day. There was a great deal of back and forth trying to make sure we were all testing the exact same thing, but that's completely normal in a bug testing, beta phase for any release.

This is the flip-side of community beta testing: you have a bunch of people who don't understand that reproducing problems is a key part of beta testing. It's not enough to say "I have a problem", you have to help someone in a position to fix the problem recreate it. Coaching people through that here isn't an attempt to ostracize, it's an attempt to make their reported problem actionable.

I tried to go thru all the amps , so I could be a REAL Beta tester.....lol
But , I didn’t have the will to keep moving. I’d hit an amp that I don’t normally play , and play it WAY too long. I made it thru 6 amps in 3 hours.
I was most impressed with the higher notes. Palm muting on the 1st four strings , with different amounts of gain , and varying guitar volume knob
positions - sounds great. It’s almost like my string gauge increased.

Shows how important a community of 'beta testers' is to find issues, possibly subtle or difficult to reproduce ones that only a few notice or can find due to their setups.

Note, though, how the few that found the issue (now confirmed) were somewhat ostracized by those who couldn't hear it or replicate it. We are all in this (grand Axe experiment) together!

But those Sneeches have stars on thars...

I wouldn't say they were ostracized. There's always a potential for things to be not-reproducible when you report a bug. Note, even Cliff was not able to hear a problem when he checked earlier in the day. There was a great deal of back and forth trying to make sure we were all testing the exact same thing, but that's completely normal in a bug testing, beta phase for any release.

This is the flip-side of community beta testing: you have a bunch of people who don't understand that reproducing problems is a key part of beta testing. It's not enough to say "I have a problem", you have to help someone in a position to fix the problem recreate it. Coaching people through that here isn't an attempt to ostracize, it's an attempt to make their reported problem actionable.
Please read the earlier posts. There is nothing wrong with the Fender models. I had the model's controls set wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom