AFIII Queensryche - "Another Rainy Night" - Guitar cover

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
So back in 2016, I recorded a cover of Queensryche's classic song "Another Rainy Night" using my Axe-Fx II at the time. I have a backing track featuring the original vocals, drums and bass, so I decided to update the cover using my Axe-Fx III and I made a quick play through video. All the guitars you hear are me, I used the same patch i've been using(Progressive Rocco's Modded Marshall) for all the dirty tones, I just tweaked the delays for this, and then some slightly tweaked versions of clean tones(EJ clean, and I think a preset called Majestic cleans) with the newest reverbs. I used firmware version 4.03 for this recording, and used both my Suhr Modern and Charvel DK24 Pro Mod for the dirty tones direct to Logic Pro X with no post processing. I've always loved this song and the album, and I wasn't going for a tone match or anything, just having fun!

And just in case you want to hear the guitars only, here's all the isolated guitar tracks

Last edited:
So back in 2016, I recorded a cover of Queensryche's classic song "Another Rainy Night" using my Axe-Fx II at the time. I have a backing track featuring the original vocals, drums and bass, so I decided to update the cover using my Axe-Fx III and I made a quick play through video. All the guitars you hear are me, I used the same patch i've been using(Progressive Rocco's Modded Marshall) for all the dirty tones, I just tweaked the delays for this, and then some slightly tweaked versions of clean tones(EJ clean, and I think a preset called Majestic cleans) with the newest reverbs. I used firmware version 4.03 for this recording, and used both my Suhr Modern and Charvel DK24 Pro Mod for the dirty tones direct to Logic Pro X with no post processing. I've always loved this song and the album, and I wasn't going for a tone match or anything, just having fun!

And just in case you want to hear the guitars only, here's all the isolated guitar tracks

Awesome job nhgtrman
Man you nailed it!!!! I love the choice of tunes, great song an awesome guitar work:):cool::D:guitar:

Back
Top Bottom