Wish Allow a parameter to have different modifiers per channel

AlbertA

Fractal Fanatic
There's times I wanted to have different modifier settings on the same parameter as I change channels.

For example, The wah control parameter. Channel A could have an envelope modifier, Channel B could be an External 2 modifier and so on.

Another example,
Using a synth block, I attach a modifier to each of the voices shift control.
I would like to have different min and max values for each of those modifiers in each channel.
That way you could setup a chord transition from say C->G on Channel A, from Am to F on Channel B, C->D on channel C and so on.

Last edited:
Agree!

Your first example was one I planned to do. Didn't even think about the current (new) implementation not allowing for that.

Yeah. Phooey, not sure how we missed that!

Come to think of it, it's actually one of the more obvious use-cases. Let's say the purpose of your modifier is a combined increase/decrease in the Mid control (to go from "scooped" to "fat") and the Drive control (and maybe some Level control to compensate for undesired volume-increases as Drive goes up).

And, let's say you also have radically different Amp-types on each of the 4 channels: Blackface, Vox, Marshall, Bogner, whatever.

Well, the issue will be that those amps have very different "sweet spots" that you'll want to assign for the Min value and the Max value of the Mids and the Drive.

So trying to have one Expression Pedal achieve the same aural effect on each of those 4 different Amp types will require the Mins and Maxes to be set differently for each of the channels.

That said, we have to admit that the Axe III has only been out a short while, and the "fix" (having a Mod applicable for Just A, Just B, Just C, Just D, or All Channels) was released in an admirably short period of time. Kudos to Cliff & Co. for how fast that was.

If they eventually get around to a more full-featured implementation, it'd be a good thing, and I'd be happier. But the fact that they got the first version of the feature out so fast is going to keep me feeling grateful until then. ;)

If it is possible to implement 8 independent option settings per modifier (assignable per channel/scene) ....along with Cliff’s latest feature ....then wow!

Yes (again)!

I've recently started working on setting up more channels on my various effect blocks since the FC-12 allows me to scroll thru them so easily.

I was really missing this ability.

Back
Top Bottom