Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

seriously cliff, this FW is a whole new experience. It's never sounded this good, models I never went near are now alive and quickly becoming my favorites. Feels like I have an Axe FX X now.

Yea I was out rehearsing tonight with the AX8 with Quantum v10.1 and I have to say I was missing my II running Ares tones that I've been playing with for the last while. I love v10.1 but, for some reason, I was really craving the Ares/II all night big time heh...

. . . Definitely, Ares is a considerable improvement, just when I'm thinking, it can't get much better.
And they didn't have to do it. If only more companies had this ethic.

I’m finding it really hard to put my finger on why I’m finding Ares a significant improvement ... but for sure it is. Also amps that I didn’t previously connect with (eg the AC20 - and I wanted to love that one) are now sounding great and moved into my favourites.

So has anyone done a AFIII to AFII w/Ares direct comparison? How close are they??

Just wanted to throw out some love for the Friedman Hbec 45 in this update. I'm pairing it with factory cab 55, and it's the big crunchy hard rock sound I've had in my head for years!. I've only got the gain at 4 and it's just perfect. Bass at 2 , mid 8 and treble at 6. Cut some lows in the GEQ and I'm good to go. No need to touch advanced parameters. Can't wait to premier it at rehearsal tomorrow!

forgive me for being late to the game, but I just updated my Axe fx and noticed that a bunch of the factory cabs sound like the cab is bypassed. Is this happening for anyone else? Not all cabs sound like this but definitely as i'm scrolling thru, a bunch basically sound like the block is inactive

forgive me for being late to the game, but I just updated my Axe fx and noticed that a bunch of the factory cabs sound like the cab is bypassed. Is this happening for anyone else? Not all cabs sound like this but definitely as i'm scrolling thru, a bunch basically sound like the block is inactive
Lately I've been scrolling through the cabs.
Did not experience any bugs.

Just wanted to throw out some love for the Friedman Hbec 45 in this update. I'm pairing it with factory cab 55, and it's the big crunchy hard rock sound I've had in my head for years!. I've only got the gain at 4 and it's just perfect. Bass at 2 , mid 8 and treble at 6. Cut some lows in the GEQ and I'm good to go. No need to touch advanced parameters. Can't wait to premier it at rehearsal tomorrow!

Just created a preset exactly like this - tweaking for my preferences but just a really great classic rock sound - thanks!!

THANK YOU CLIFF!!

Just installed Ares and it's AWESOME! I've found less gain on my Marshall presets. They did sound louder, bigger and much clearer, but I feel like they lost a bit of gain. Not a bad thing, as I thought they may have had a touch too much gain with the Beta. The low end is much clearer. I can drive the bass a bit more and still have clarity on the neck pickup. Before, the neck pickup on my ES was boomy and too thick. With Ares, it's clear and bell like. The additional clarity and openness is what really stands out to me.

Presets seem a bit "stringier" if that makes sense. Especially my recently saved Trainwreck settings.

Really pleased with the update!

Thanks. You use it with humbuckets or single coils?

I’ve set it up to work best with my humbucker guitars but works with my strats too. For single coils I tend to use the Plexi models with greenbacks ... although spending more time with the Dumble ODS which is really nice with strats.

Maybe stupid question, but this is new to me.. I have axe fx 2 mk1 quantum 10.01 and naked amps 700 presets, what happend when I put Ares in my axe? Sounds naked amps presets different then... or is it better just keep quantum 10.01.. Is there in Ares something new overdrives/distorsions or effect types? Thanks

Maybe stupid question, but this is new to me.. I have axe fx 2 mk1 quantum 10.01 and naked amps 700 presets, what happend when I put Ares in my axe? Sounds naked amps presets different then... or is it better just keep quantum 10.01.. Is there in Ares something new overdrives/distorsions or effect types? Thanks

It will change the sound if you update. Probably for the better, but that's for you to decide. You could always revert back to q10 if you don't like the sound.

I bet a lot of us are wondering the same thing. I am. Hopefully there will be a 'translation' process as per previous FW increments where some consistent minor tweaks will be identified to realign the latest FW to the AustinBuddy standard.. :)

Back
Top Bottom