Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past comparing my real late 60's deluxe reverb to the Axe-Fx deluxe model, they were really close but with the real amp there was this sound I would describe as a collision of frequencies when you pick hard, I could never get the Axe to reproduce. I can hear that sound in this firmware. It's realer :)

The Legato 100 cuts out if the Input meter clips. Almost like the real amp when it's driven too hard. really nasty compression. Especially with toe down on the Petrucci wah.

I just now noticed it. Rolled back to 4.0 and still does it.

Last edited:
Have a fiddle with 4.01 before the guys get here for a rehearsal. Recto's are sounding slamming, Vox models are lovely and the SV models in parallel on bass is pretty amazing. I'll get some clips up later.

Later, Leon? I thought you did your clips before the firmware was even released! ;)

Ill try a reinstall. It's really muddy and unusable. with the wah, the high notes completely cut out.

It's really bad on the Spawns, Rectos, SLO.

what exactly are we hearing? direct recording over USB? i hear a "hollow" sort of sound. is that the issue?

what exactly are we hearing? direct recording over USB? i hear a "hollow" sort of sound. is that the issue?
Yes, direct over USB. If you notice, when you turn the gain up the double stops are "clipping" or cutting out. When I ran an external wah, the high double stops completely drop out. Like over compressing a preamp tube. Barely tickling the red without it. Rolled back to 3.02 and its back to normal.

If you notice, when you turn the gain up the double stops are "clipping" or cutting out.
hmm, hard to tell as i can't see when you're playing what. i can't tell what i should be hearing.

i'll try to reproduce this later tonight. that video is a good start.

It seems there is something abnormal with the Recto 2 red in 4.01. I typically run a tube screamer or 3 knob tube driver (low drive, high output) in front of the amp. Amp drive, base, and mids at 5, treble at 5.5. With this configuration (with multiple guitars), it sounds like a fuzz drive is in front of the amp, flubby and distorted. I encounter the same issues when I use the boost function in the preamp tab. I'd appreciate if someone attempts to replicate.

It seems there is something abnormal with the Recto 2 red in 4.01. I typically run a tube screamer or 3 knob tube driver (low drive, high output) in front of the amp. Amp drive, base, and mids at 5, treble at 5.5. With this configuration (with multiple guitars), it sounds like a fuzz drive is in front of the amp, flubby and distorted. I encounter the same issues when I use the boost function in the preamp tab. I'd appreciate if someone attempts to replicate.
Like this? Im getting it on the Spawns, Rectos, Soldanos. etc. Even worse with the onboard wah

Last edited:
Spent the last weekend tweaking my cover patches for 3.02 and playing with the new drives. Loading 4.01 and ready to go through them again and play with the new features. I have a feeling it will be a late evening :)

The sound out of the AxeFx 3 keeps getting better and better - I am so happy I upgraded to the 3 last year !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom