Saw Cory Wong in Bristol last night

chucma

Fractal Fanatic
...and he was brilliant!

What a great show that was! His band was SUPER tight, brass backing and top musicians all around. Cory definitely knew how to work the crowd, and play his guitar of course!

One of my favourite things about him is that he even replies directly to emails; we sent him an email with a couple of questions about the timing of the gig and he replied directly to us. Brilliant guy!

I highly recommend you see him if he is in your area, I will go again if I can.

yeah, really great guy and player. I know he was trying the Ax8 for a bit, bot sure if he ever got along with it.

I was wondering if he was going to be using any Fractal gear, but he had an AC30 mic’d up behind him. I thought he normally played through a Fender amp so I’m guessing he maybe rented the VOX as he was only doing 6 shows in the UK.

Hope he tries out an Axe III sometime soon!

I was wondering if he was going to be using any Fractal gear, but he had an AC30 mic’d up behind him. I thought he normally played through a Fender amp so I’m guessing he maybe rented the VOX as he was only doing 6 shows in the UK.

Hope he tries out an Axe III sometime soon!
I believe he wanted something with a small footprint for travel gigs...

I stand corrected, he was actually using a Laney!! From where I was standing I could only see part of the amp, and I was convinced it was an AC30!

Yea I know he was working with the AX8 but I haven't seen it in his touring rig.
Seems it may not be part of his usual rig. His board is plainly in view on this gig recording and I'm not seeing any Fractal bits.

I know he's used some Fractal stuff in the past though, at least in the studio. All the guitars on this album were recording using Fractal:
I used the FAS stuff for all of my tones on this. It worked great!

Back
Top Bottom