Did anyone else catch something really cool stated in this Axe-Fx III post?

Yeah, this is my favorite firmware of all time. I was going to work on porting it to the Axe-Fx II but ended up just playing most of the day. So happy with it that I bought a new guitar. I've always wanted an Anderson so I bought this:

rtpnwxfkd6kwa2yhx2da.jpg

This post is from Cliff in the AXE FX III forum.

One thing specifically stood out to me more than anything else in this post :)

This post is from Cliff in the AXE FX III forum.

One thing specifically stood out to me more than anything else in this post :)
Wow... It's like a bait and switch! I was totally distracted by that gorgeous guitar!

I don't own an Axe Fx II anymore, but that's pretty cool!

usual firmware is annotated 'version'...the AFX2 Ares 1.00 is annotated 'rev'...as in...'revision'...as in...the first revision...as in...still in the works :sweatsmile: ...iiird

Don’t we already know it’s the Last update?
Meaning it’ll never reach 2.00
We might just get a couple of additions and bug fixed

”Removing amp models doesn't solve the memory problem. Those go in external data memory. The problem is internal code memory is full.

I will release a final version of this firmware in a few days. That will be the last update (barring bug fixes) for the Axe-Fx II.

I spent a lot of time porting the Ares stuff to the II as a gift to the community. It's time that I could've spent working on new products. Thank you to those who actually appreciate that effort and particularly those who expressed that appreciation.“

The Man

”Removing amp models doesn't solve the memory problem. Those go in external data memory. The problem is internal code memory is full.

I will release a final version of this firmware in a few days. That will be the last update (barring bug fixes) for the Axe-Fx II.

I spent a lot of time porting the Ares stuff to the II as a gift to the community. It's time that I could've spent working on new products. Thank you to those who actually appreciate that effort and particularly those who expressed that appreciation.“

The Man
Yea he found something he can port otherwise he wouldn’t of said he was supposed to work on it
It’s updated preamp modeling so it would probably use what’s already there therefore not adding to much to the code memory
Thanks for sharing that old post tho and I hope me being happy that we can get an extra modeling update doesn’t offend you

Yea he found something he can port otherwise he wouldn’t of said he was supposed to work on it
It’s updated preamp modeling so it would probably use what’s already there therefore not adding to much to the code memory
Thanks for sharing that old post tho and I hope me being happy that we can get an extra modeling update doesn’t offend you
Not at all! I like all I can get as well. Just posted quote because I remember seeing it and I was curious myself as to how much space was available

The Man

This is pretty awesome. When I bought my Axe2 last year (my first nice/pro quality set up), the support of the user community that I kept seeing from Fractal in releases, information transparency, etc. was a major contributing factor in the decision, aside from the awesome sound it generates. This is a great example of that :)

I'm pretty stoked with my XL+ right now especially after discovering the cab packs by Ownhammer (Leon Todd had referred me to them based upon some YouTube videos I liked where he used them in it).

I was originally planning to only use my XL+ for the effects when playing live and possibly using some presets to record guitar tracks but with all the firmware updates we have been receiving and the OH Mesa cabs, I think I am pretty lucky to have such a cool sounding device, and I believe I'll eventually be able to use my XL+ in any situation.

Based upon some previous statements, it would seem we might only get one more update, but I'll take it and be pretty happy with it.

However, I wouldn't mind a firmware update where the amp/effects modeling gets taken to an even better level BUT it would require us to minimalize the number of effects we want to use before it maxed out on us.

I mostly use reverb and delay and add other effects here and there, so a firmware update for improved amp/effects modeling wouldn't max out my "usual" presets with reverb and delay but understandably it could prevent future combinations of a larger number of cool effects, so I am pretty stoked with the XL+ right now.

I have the III but it sounds/feels very different to me from my XL+ and I have come to really enjoy the way the XL+ sounds and feels so I am not planning to replace it in the near future with my III :)

However, I wouldn't mind a firmware update where the amp/effects modeling gets taken to an even better level BUT it would require us to minimalize the number of effects we want to use before it maxed out on us.

I mostly use reverb and delay and add other effects here and there, so a firmware update for improved amp/effects modeling wouldn't max out my "usual" presets with reverb and delay but understandably it could prevent future combinations of a larger number of cool effects, so I am pretty stoked with the XL+ right now.

It's not related to your presets or what effects you use. It is the sum total of ALL possible effects that are part of the device.

I think in cliffs post he was referring to porting the scull crusher, not the whole axe III FW4 (or today's epiphany)

I think in cliffs post he was referring to porting the scull crusher, not the whole axe III FW4 (or today's epiphany)
It’s the epiphany of the preamp modeling that should get ported and I think that’s what he was going to port the skull crusher came after but the epiphany is what you want the skullcrusher can’t work without the epiphany

Back
Top Bottom