Ares 1 for AX8?

Well, he hasn’t really said that 10.01 is the last AX8 firmware, so there’s a possibility we could get the Ares port.
We got some of it, but not as much of the improvements that the axe ii got with the latest firmware.

I understand that they only got some of it too.

AX8 is like the little brother Axe that gets the hand me downs.
Given the dramatically lower processing power of the AX8 compared to the Axe FX 2 or 3, that's pretty much inevitable. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that whatever is the follow on the the AX8 includes enough horse power to get more of the AxeFx 3 secret sauce.

But I may be in the minority here - I'd be happy to pay more for more power, but I really don't want to move to a rack + footboard setup. The AX8 all in one form factor is just SO convenient.

a couple more short months and you'll have the fullblown AFX3 (half of one anyways) in a floor board...:rolleyes:

Perfect, we'll add speculation to the speculated post about speculation. ;)

I speculate... that you may be correct :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

3 Options:
  1. Keep using AX8 Q10.01 as awesome as it is - status quo
  2. Receive some hint from FAS staff that they're at least quantifying (see what I did there) the possibility of Ares in the AX8 compute power - ideal spec, however not likely
  3. Receive some hint of a full blown floor unit version of the Axe-FX III - speculatory, yet, totally possible
FAS is killing it already with the AFX III and other units. Me personally, I am content with Q firmwares awesomeness for my uses. With that, I would love to see a floor version of the Axe-FX III if I was to personally invest in 2019... So... We'll have to see what direction @FractalAudio & @Admin M@ + team want to take their amazing product lineup next... soooooooooooooooooooon

I'm not getting the need to start rumors like this. A select few may find it funny and harmless but if we look at the speculation before the launch of the Axe III, it really does a lot more harm than good. As unintentional as it may be, some will still take it as fact.

it really does a lot more harm than good.

How so? I'm not being argumentative, I legitimately want to understand the logic.

My list outlines the possibility, not facts, of a hint of 'what's next' within the forum. Historically, that has been how new 'look forward to this' announcements occurred like the AX8. Cliff randomly shared a pic of a prototype, a week or so later, the wait list appeared.

Speculation, to me, is part of the fun ;) Apologies if that seems harmful, maybe I was unaware of the disdain that occurred with the AFX III launch presumptions.

It's just a little weird though that a unit that has been discontinued gets updates and a unit that is still selling don't. I know that AX8 has it's limitations but it should be priority imho. It's not a "dead" unit, until they discontinue it.

It would be nice, even if we didn't get Ares, to get some of the drive model tweaks (if possible) or new amp/effect models.

Back
Top Bottom