FracTool - for power users only

Hi
When opened with FracTool, while sending the preset to your AX8, you could read :
"AX8 : Shunted unavailable Gate 2 at [3,2]"

"AX8 : Shunted unavailable ToneMatch at [7,2]"

"AX8 : Shunted unavailable Reverb 2 at [10,3]"

Why ? Because these blocks don't even exist on the AX8...
So yes you get Buzz because this preset uses Gate2 which has been removed
Tweak the preset with AX8Edit, put higher input gate threshold etc...
Thank you for your answer. I am trying to tweak it. Never used a gate pedal or sth in my life but I will learn.

Ok I solved the buzz problem. Now I have another problem :confused:
When I go to another preset and go back to this one there's no sound. I saved it multiple times. I can see all the blocks on Axe-edit but no sound.

Could one generous person help me ?
Now the axefx ii ares firmware is released, i'd need its definitions file in order to get FracTool compatible.
Could a II /XL owner launch FracTool with the axefx connected , right-click on the axefx icon and select "Export firmware definitions"?

Then send me the file

Now the axefx ii ares firmware is released, i'd need its definitions file in order to get FracTool compatible.
Could a II /XL owner launch FracTool with the axefx connected , right-click on the axefx icon and select "Export firmware definitions"?

Then send me the file

sorry that i cant help but im using the axe 3

I just installed FracTool's latest version. It's crashing when it is run without a device connected. When a III or a II XL+ is connected it is fine. I'm running on computers with MacOS High Sierra and Mojave. I've had this happen on three different computers. Anyone else seeing this?

I just installed FracTool's latest version. It's crashing when it is run without a device connected. When a III or a II XL+ is connected it is fine. I'm running on computers with MacOS High Sierra and Mojave. I've had this happen on three different computers. Anyone else seeing this?
Download it again and erase old app

Then send me the file

Hi do you still need this ? I gave an XL as a Back-Up for my III. I can get the info if you want.

Hi Al,

The "export as CSV" Preset -> Cabs and the Cabs -> Presets is not working. FracTool is closed and the resulting CSV file has 0KB

FracTool 3.16
Axe-FX III 4.03
Windows 10

I find that function very useful when I want to purge the unused CABs from the Axe-FX: I create a Cabs-> Presets file and I use it to delete all the Cabs that are not associated to any preset.

Last edited:
Hi Al,

The "export as CSV" Preset -> Cabs and the Cabs -> Presets is not working. FracTool is closed and the resulting CSV file has 0KB

FracTool 3.16
Axe-FX III 4.03
Windows 10

I find that function very useful when I want to purge the unused CABs from the Axe-FX: I create a Cabs-> Presets file and I use it to delete all the Cabs that are not associated to any preset.
Normal, it's only for gen2

Back
Top Bottom