Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

I'm really thankful! I do not want to be nostalgic, but I've been very happy these years with my ax fx 2 :laughing:
and I think I'll be a while longer!
Thanks FAS!
That's all folks!

After installing my external controllers (expression pedal) don't work anymore.

Update:
Checked MFC XP1 en XP2 midi settings. They were OK.
Removed wah and volume blocks in preset (shunt)
Added those blocks from my library again, saved preset and it worked again.

Last edited:
That pretty much kills it for me. Not giving up the old SVT. My 4003 Rick-O-Sound presets are exactly how I want them.
I use the old SVT to make a a really cool variant on a Dumble Steel String Stinger.

The new SVT model clips way too easily to get those expressive cleans no matter how I have messed around with it.

Approx. 20 different flavors of Marshall and almost that number of Mesa models, but only one SVT. Hopefully the III at some point will have both models.

I need the old SVT in Ares version please.

All my presets are not valid for the new SVT.

Thanks Cliff

Hopefully the III at some point will have both models.
I'm not a fan of the new model. But everything is good. I have the original in my II with Quantum, and that's good enough. I absolutely love my bass tone, and I'm not giving it up.

In time, I might try to work up something with the new model. I'm sure it can work, but the current one is already perfect for me. I'm not ready for different, even if it is as good. If the III got the old version back, I wouldn't rely on the II for it, so that would be good too.

Last edited:
Fortunately the characters of my favourite amps (Angle severe 1 & Brit Pre) haven't changed, but it is less "scratchy" and got more tightness. All in all a pretty nice "Farewell-present for AxeII users. I'm pretty shure there will be the time for me to get a III, but in the next years I will still have a lot of fun with the II XL+. Thanks a lot, Fractal. Awesome job.

I don’t understand why they have not got the two SV models. Many people have been with the old model for years and I think that such a radical change is not good to replace the old one, it is better to add two models.

I don’t understand why they have not got the two SV models. Many people have been with the old model for years and I think that such a radical change is not good to replace the old one, it is better to add two models.
There is obviously a reason, but I consider it beyond the purview of my business.

Getting a little taste of Ares makes me think more about getting the III.

Would be cool with a 1.01 update with fixes for the 2-3 bugs mentioned on this thread if possible, tho

I happen to be in the middle of tracking bass and was about to install Ares1.0 so i have a question - does the 1.0 SVT gain-increase sound like a bug problem, or does it sound good with the gain dialed back?

No. Seems to work fine with the current version.

Yes!
There is one parameter missing in the editor: "Speaker Compliance".
So it would be nice to get an update ;-)

Nevertheless; "Ares One" is a big shot in my opinion!
Great last gift for us Axe-Fx II-users.

@FractalAudio
Many thanks to Cliff and the whole crew!!!
Has been a great journey over the years with the Axe ULTRA and II MK II.
You all did a great job!
We see us in the III-room some day ...

Kind regards from germany!
Mike

Back
Top Bottom