Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

Thanks Cliff ! Really appreciate.

Question: I was on Beta, update to Ares 1 so Do we need to reset the amp or is it just to fix bug (this is what I have understood)

I was on the wait list in 2011. I've enjoyed every single update as cherries on top of an already lavish cake. Thank you, Cliff and staff, for all you've done. It's been a beautiful ride. And thanks to Charlie for taking care of my tech issues. God please bless and comfort his family.

Thank you FAS.

I just updated and even hear a difference from the Beta I mean OMFG this sounds and feels amazing!!!!!!! Definitely a HUGE difference!!! Thanks CLIFF!!!

But damnit now I HAVE to get a AXE FX 3 “THANKS” CLIFF

Thank you, Cliff. You didn't have to do this, you didn't owe it to any of us, but you did it anyways. This is what doesn't get talked about when people argue about Fractal vs. Kemper vs. Line6, etc. The effort of the people behind the product is on a different level.

I completely agree. I spent a year waiting for Kemper to produce an editor. Together with most of the customers. With the axe III, my impression is that the improvements are coming and the amount and quality are above my highest expectations.

I saw here that a request was made by a user in response to the 3.02 beta, it was a good idea, he received an answer and it was implemented in the version 3.02 final. This is it! I'm a fan for sure now.

That's one of the reasons, why I can't help but being a dedicated Fractal fanboy. Along with the fantastic hardware that never let me down even 1 (!!!!) time from Gen.1 Standard, Ax8 to the Axe II XL+, I don't know ANY company with this great customer service.

Skipped the Beta because of the bandmates who don't like if something is different ... :confused:
Can't wait to load it in. I'm so glad that I took the plunge back in the good ole ULTRA days. Back then expectations where fairly high after 9 months wait. Took me some days to get used to it. Since then I was never disappointed. Not with the ULTRA and surely not with the II XL. Greatest customer support ever. And I like your quest to get the best sound ever. Will update to the III and FC-12 sometimes if the money is there. :D
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :hearteyes:

Thanks a lot Cliff. I can definitely say that my Axe-FX II changed my life as a guitarist, after 19 years of trying many stuff... I think I find the right thing for me.

just going through my presets and noticed that the vibrato lux sounded a bit dark. i reset the amp and some of the default values changed.

i'm noticing changes in other amps too. some power amp stuff and speaker resonances.

might be worth copying x to y if you can, doing a reset on y and seeing what's changed in your presets

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom