Connecting my Roland JC-40 to my AX8

aliveinvain

Hello all, I wanted to inquire what I need to do/need in order to connect my ax8 to my roland amp. It's a stereo amp. I have the hum buster cables that I use to connect to my interface. Can I use those cables to connect to my amp? Also how I set up the ax8 only as an effects unit since I will use the amp.

Please let me know. (newbie) <--

Never used the AX8 this way but I believe you will use the 4 cable method with FX loop in AX8 chain - into front of amp certain effects (like compressor, wah, OD, etc. and the FX loop of amp for other effects (time based like delay reverb, etc. -

Also, do not use any amp or cab models in the signal path (ensure you disable amp and cab settings on the front panel of AX8 as well) since you are using the JC-40 for your main tone.

I had a JC40 for awhile. I plugged in directly to the L/R effects loop from my AX8 outs with Humbuster cables. Worked great for me. Some will argue to turn off the amp and cab, but I experimented and found all sorts of great tones using both the amp and cab. If you are trying to get a specific amp tone maybe not, but I was never questing for a particular amp tone, just tones I could love, and I found many using the AX8 through it.

I had wanted the convenience of one stereo amp as a monitor rather than two powered speakers to haul around. It has lots of plusses. Sometimes wish I would have kept it. I could get some delays that would sound like they were coming from somewhere other than the speakers. The Choruses were sweet.

Enjoy!

Never used the AX8 this way but I believe you will use the 4 cable method with FX loop in AX8 chain - into front of amp certain effects (like compressor, wah, OD, etc. and the FX loop of amp for other effects (time based like delay reverb, etc. -

Also, do not use any amp or cab models in the signal path (ensure you disable amp and cab settings on the front panel of AX8 as well) since you are using the JC-40 for your main tone.

Is it necessary to disable amp and cab settings in the front panel of the AX8 when those blocks don't exist in the preset you're using?

Is it necessary to disable amp and cab settings in the front panel of the AX8 when those blocks don't exist in the preset you're using?
Cab block not in the preset, the setting doesn’t matter.

The global setting is Power Amp simulation on/off, not “amp block on/off.” Still if there’s no amp block at all, then the setting doesn’t matter.

Back
Top Bottom