AX8 Firmware Version 10.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!

I thought this was the place to post it.

Anyway it happened just one time. Well, I only went thought that process one time. I can try to do what I did that day, but, hopefully, I will never happen again. I just wanted to tell the story.

Just report in the the bugs forum even if you cannot repro. Somebody might hit it in the future and then it would good to know it wasn't the first time. If it happens to hit more users this might drive corresponding development actions.

Many new changes with the AXE FXIII with the update 3.0. I wonder if anything can and will be ported to the ax8?

Reactions: MSP
Isn’t the Axe Fx 2 missing an amp model or two that made it into the last Ax8 firmware? I believe this is what Cliff’s been referring to all along in comments about the Axe Fx 2 firmware. If that’s the case it’s just getting up to level with the Ax8 and another Ax8 update would seem more unlikely.

If we’re not at the very end of the road already, we’re certainly not far from it.

Hello!

I've just updated from 10 to 10.01 and I had this problem:

After 15 minutes playing, in the middle of a solo, suddenly the sound became VERY clean and VERY loud.

I switched off and on and it was ok again.

Any idea?

It's there anything I can do to avoid this onstage? Tomorrow I have a very important gig.

I'm using the same preset I was using on 10.00. Only I had to raise the power amp block 2db. Is this normal?

Thank you in advance.

It looks like I had similar problems (yesterday for the third time):
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ax8-froze-sound-is-changing-fw-10-01.148014/

Apparently, Ares algorithms are more efficient than Quantum algorithms. They reduced CPU utilization (lower percentage) in presets AND improved performance (audio gap, tone, etc.). Pure FAS genius. I thought that was the point @m3talmike was making.

So its conceivable that the AX8 code could be re-written to Ares and increase the amount of extra DSP available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom