Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides the new amazing drives, I am loving having the Authentic mode option. It brings the entire experience with this unit, to another level for me!

Maybe it could help if you post a short audio comparison between fw 3.01 and 3.02, set the tube driver at default settings on both.
If everything's fine they should sound identical with default values, I suppose, since that model didn't change.

The tone circuits in all models have been changed, so the models can / will sound different at default settings.

Hi Leon :), I’ve a problem with the Tube Driver ( 4 knob ) Low cut!
It doesn’t work like the 3.01... too much bass...

Not here. I just checked.

The Bass control works like it should.

Low Cut works like it should. Note that this control has been changed from previous firmware. Not longer measured in Hz, and the range is much larger.

By adjusting either, or both, I can dial out the low frequencies completely.

Last edited:
Nope. The tone circuits in all models has been changed.
That's right, they won't be identical but maybe from the clip we can understand if the problem is really in the low cut as Giulio says.
The EQ in the tube driver is post clipping so if the difference he hears is due to the new tone circuit, the difference between the clips would be just eq.
If the low cut is different we will hear more distorted low end.

Obviously the clip should be just the tube driver plus a clean amp and nothing else.

Not here. I just checked.

The Bass control works like it should.

Low Cut works like it should. Note that this control has been changed from previous firmware. Not longer measured in Hz, and the range is much larger.

By adjusting either, or both, I can dial out the low frequencies completely.
The range is the same. There were no changes to the Tube Drv 4-Knob model.

I found a minor issue with the “Plexi 100W 1970” amp model in firmware version 3.02. If you reset the amp block, the Normal Drive control doesn’t appear anywhere (including in the Advanced tab). If you set Tone Control Display = IDEAL, it appears as expected on the Tone page. I didn't check the other dual-drive plexi models.

As a side note, perhaps a separate board should be created for Axe-Fx III bugs like there is for the II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom