MFC not working

clusterDuck

Just got my brand new Axe 3 in the door and realize I can't get my MFC 101 foot controller to work with it. I am using a 5 pin midi. The MFC gives me the "Axe FX name timeout" error even when started after the Axe is on. With another cable it gave me connection, but it "stuttered" - bits of audio would disappear.

What is up with the compatibility here?

Thanks for the replies. N00b question to you Oson00: do I need your device to make things such as expression pedals work with the iii? thanks again.

I got 98% of what I need (preset changes, scene changes, turn on & off tuner, looper, expression pedals) working just fine on the MFC with the III. It was a PITA but doable, even for a midiot like me. The only thing not working for me is the tuner display & automatic preset names on the display. I can live without that. There are a number of threads with info as to how to make the MFC work with the III.

If you use your MFC as MIDI controller, you can control the Axe FX3 by all Standard MIDI Commands. Expression Pedals are working with controller changes. There is a very good tutorial by @Morphosis!

With my extension, the MFC receives commands from the Axe FX3. You see preset names, tuner and bypass status. In my opinion programming of the MFC is much easier.

Thanks to you guys for your help! I followed @Morphosis' guide and I made some progress. Still some issues left to sort out:

1. For some reason, whenever I press IA1 I get back to preset 1. IA2-4 works as they should by changing scenes.
2. INCR up and down move in increments of 8.

Can anyone guess what I have done wrong with IA1?

Thanks again!

Small correction: when I press IA1 it actually jumps to preset 2. It hits Scene 1 of that preset.

Does anyone know what might cause this and what I need to do to avoid the preset change?

Thanks

Small correction: when I press IA1 it actually jumps to preset 2. It hits Scene 1 of that preset.

Does anyone know what might cause this and what I need to do to avoid the preset change?

Thanks
what is your Bank Size set to? it seems like you want it to be 0, rather than what appears to be 1. but i don't see any details of what you have setup or want.

Its set to 1 currently. I had it on 8, as I followed Morphosis' guide but then the INCR/DECR changed presets in increments of 8. Should it be 0, 1 or 8? Thanks

If you're following that guide, set bank size as described: bank size = 8 if you want 8 scene switches.

You can edit which PC any MFC preset sends or remap on the Axe-FX if desired. By default it will function like you saw, changing preset number by 8.

I want 4 scenes per preset. So I set banksize to 4, and now the INCR/DECR buttons increases the presets by 4. So it will jump from 20 to 24, say.

Is that supposed to happen or is there something else wrong?

This btw is a problem unrelated to the IA1 problem.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom