Rockman Tone Match

This sounds incredible, top notch work @brianv4
thanks Leon @2112, you laid the ground work! That's the great thing about the AxeFx, if it's not in there you can create it.

as much as i like analog, tape delay types I think the digital chorus and digital delay works in this situation. Scene 4 is for soloing ;-)

Last edited:
I was sent one of these by a subscriber on my channel (see video below) and it pretty much sounds like Def Leppard's hysteria album in a box. Here's my first attempt at a tone match. I've had to match the chorus and echo by ear - the only options are just chorus on, chorus and echo on or just echo on so there's no "dry" option on there.

Each IR matches the scene with the same name. If anyone has any extra input regarding the fx please let me know and we can fine tune it together!

Very cool Thanks Leon :guitar:

I was sent one of these by a subscriber on my channel (see video below) and it pretty much sounds like Def Leppard's hysteria album in a box. Here's my first attempt at a tone match. I've had to match the chorus and echo by ear - the only options are just chorus on, chorus and echo on or just echo on so there's no "dry" option on there.

Each IR matches the scene with the same name. If anyone has any extra input regarding the fx please let me know and we can fine tune it together!

Hi Axedude
The difference is in the file size 10.1 is cab
And the 48.2 kb is the preset
Hope that helps
Cheers

Hi - I'm new to the Axe FX III also and am having trouble with these cabs. I went into Axe Edit and chose Tools --> Axe-Manage Cabs. Then when the screen popped up with all the empty cab slots, I just dragged and dropped those 4 Rockman.syx files into 4 open slots and saved it. When I call up the preset on my Axe FX, I get no sound. I clicked on the CAB box and used the picker to pick the Rockman cab from the user list, but I still get no sound. If I bypass the cab box altogether, then I get sound....but that seems to defeat the purpose of installing the cab. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help you can offer!

Andy

Hi - I'm new to the Axe FX III also and am having trouble with these cabs. I went into Axe Edit and chose Tools --> Axe-Manage Cabs. Then when the screen popped up with all the empty cab slots, I just dragged and dropped those 4 Rockman.syx files into 4 open slots and saved it. When I call up the preset on my Axe FX, I get no sound. I clicked on the CAB box and used the picker to pick the Rockman cab from the user list, but I still get no sound. If I bypass the cab box altogether, then I get sound....but that seems to defeat the purpose of installing the cab. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help you can offer!

Andy
Look in the Cab block and see if you’ve got that cab muted.

Look in the Cab block and see if you’ve got that cab muted.

Thanks for the reply. It wasn't muted. After going through all 4 scenes now, it seems scene #1 is just very very quiet when you apply the cab. The other 3 seem to work fine. If I boost the level all the way up, then I can hear it.

Thanks for the reply. It wasn't muted. After going through all 4 scenes now, it seems scene #1 is just very very quiet when you apply the cab. The other 3 seem to work fine. If I boost the level all the way up, then I can hear it.
Sounds like scene 1 could use some level adjustment.

Thanks for this dude, I'm going to give them a whirl. I actually work with a guy who worked on 'Hysteria' I've yet to get any secrets out of him but this should be interesting. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Back
Top Bottom