Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Brilliant! I'm looking at options for something very similar:

2xXLR to FOH/monitor
2xTRS to Monitor/FOH
1xXLR for IEM transmitter input
Possibly adding IEC or PowerCon socket for power

Thanks!

James has built a tone of things like this for me over the past few years.
Email him what you're after and he'll sort it

Forgot to add, he doesn't do power stuff though

My story started from back pack, then I decided to get a pedalboard as I tired to spend time on reconnecting back and forth and I added H9 to overcome processor power limitations. All was good except the weight of the beast I created. I always wondering why companies who produce pedalboards can't make affordable bag with wheels - it either cheap with handles or very expensive aerocase. So I found my paradise in DJ store - nice bag with two big wheels saved my back. I also got plenty of pockets which holds power amp, and even small mix board with USB interface. The only thing I suffering is bandmates’ jokes - they saying my bag looks like a coffin being black outside and red inside :)Снимок экрана 2018-09-30 в 11.53.13.png Concerning content all simple - expression at left (works simultaneously for AX & H9), volume on the right, modifiers at the boss switcher. Cabzeus for headphones and mixed setup - FOH & cab. For cab I use external power amp, ISP stealth. Another thing I did is USB hub to have all devices connected within board and only one cable goes out to comp. BTW I didn't removed AX's feet - they fit between bars of the pedalboard.
Снимок экрана 2018-09-30 в 11.52.26.png Снимок экрана 2018-09-30 в 11.52.55.png

Last edited:
@406Ryan, that is an interesting case/board. I can’t imagine it is lightweight, but it houses all of the things I need at any gig/rehearsal. Where did you find this unicorn?

@406Ryan, that is an interesting case/board. I can’t imagine it is lightweight, but it houses all of the things I need at any gig/rehearsal. Where did you find this unicorn?

Nope- not lightweight at all. I actually made it myself. I got my inspiration from https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/axe-fx-case-project.967683/
I came up with my own dimensions/needs, but really love how there's no lip in the front. But... the two lids add to the weight.

Left to Right: t.c. electronic TalkBox Synth -> Robert Keeley modded Vox V848 Clyde McCoy Wah -> Fractal Audio AX8 -> Eventide H9 Max w/Barn3 OX9 aux. switch & Mission Engineering SP-H9 expression pedal -> Fractal Audio EV-1 expression pedal (I have a second EV-1 expression pedal, but no room to carry it currently. ...haven’t totally committed to a pedalboard configuration just yet, I’m currently transporting my rig in a Boss BAG-L2 (repurposed from my days of rockin’ a Boss GT-10, my rig is a wolf in sheep’s clothing now ) I’m actually considering having a custom gig bag made to transport my gear, I’m diggin’ not havin’ to check my rig as baggage on common air carriers. the set-up/tear-down factor on gigs is the only rub with my scenario). FYI, I have my Eventide H9 Max on 1” tall rubber feet to bring its footswitches up to the height of my AX8’s switches. DesignACable (I’m too new to post links, Google ‘em) made my custom length/color/configuration HumBuster & expression pedal cables, ...audio cables are Monster Cable Studio Pro 1000 (from back when they were doing custom length/configuration cables, I have a bunch from my older pedalboard set-ups that I’ve repurposed for this rig).

5876D91A-94CD-4C54-B8C2-CB044E3D2EA9.jpeg

Last edited:
I really like this and would like to duplicate it. What kind of metal did you use for the side panel, and how big was it when it was rectangular before you bent it?

Thanks! It's just mild steel sheet metal. I have a lot of scrap steel here used for car projects so these pieces are about 3' x 5' sheets and I'm guessing 18 gauge thick. If you go to any steel supply house they can stamp out a sheet to a more reasonable sizel . I can't remember what the thinking was for the 3 1/4" jacks, but I'm only using 2 of them. It's easy to start with a piece of heavy paper or card stock that can be folded and cut to fit the board with a lip large enough to eventually be screwed to the top and back surface. Just trace it out on your steel or aluminum and cut it out. It was bent up using a hammer and vice.

The power supply is a voodoo labs with a reverse polarity plug used on the LEDs

IMG_2883.jpg

Thanks! It's just mild steel sheet metal. I have a lot of scrap steel here used for car projects so these pieces are about 3' x 5' sheets and I'm guessing 18 gauge thick. If you go to any steel supply house they can stamp out a sheet to a more reasonable sizel . I can't remember what the thinking was for the 3 1/4" jacks, but I'm only using 2 of them. It's easy to start with a piece of heavy paper or card stock that can be folded and cut to fit the board with a lip large enough to eventually be screwed to the top and back surface. Just trace it out on your steel or aluminum and cut it out. It was bent up using a hammer and vice.

The power supply is a voodoo labs with a reverse polarity plug used on the LEDs

you should make and sell these, no joke!

Nothing is fastened down or really wired yet but this should be the final layout. The cover in the back is hinged to hide the wiring when it’s finally done...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/168609124@N05/sets/72157706998529685

I ordered a Temple Trio 28 to hold the AX-8, a Mission pedal, a wireless and probably an H9 (to offload the reverbs). A quick question for the group: does the Temple soft case for that board have enough clearance with an AX-8 mounted on it (towards the front of the board)? Thanks!

Last edited:
I ordered a Temple Trio 28 to hold the AX-8, a Mission pedal, a wireless and probably an H9 (to offload the reverbs). A quick question for the group: does the Temple soft case for that board have enough clearance with an AX-8 mounded on it (towards the front of the board)? Thanks!

Yes it does - I had exactly that board for my AX8 and same soft case - no problem at all.

Back
Top Bottom