Vai saying Modeling is not there yet :)

How many of you struggled when you first got your Fractal gear?

At least half a year. At first it was I want to use some of my dirtboxes for dirt still. That proved too daunting. And added a LOT of weight to my rig. Eliminating that drawer full of boxes saved me 10 kilos. Then it was learning to build presets for dirt, presets for cleans, for leads, for every song, just like I had in the past with other units. Then discovering how to use and integrate scenes. Which was a game changer. All the old presets had to be changed and most could be ditched. And then X/Y switching. Again changing all presets. Then learning how to work around the X/Y switching gap in amp models. It took quite some time to get the hang of things. Which is not a bad thing considering the Axe can do so much. Most people I know who object to modeling say 'I don't want to endlessly tweak.' What I found it wasn't the tweaking that took most of the time, I rarely tweak my presets, even after firmware changes. It's learning how to get the most out of this thing that ate up most of my learning curve. Of course, once you get the hang of that creating new presets becomes relatively easy and its usually just a matter of finding the right volume settings in a band mix.

Back
Top Bottom