Oscar

bradlake

Axe-Master
—-that lambert kid can sing...and Brian looked like he was enjoying himself......
...........tom morelllo in a tux..............

I have not been a fan of recent Oscar shows, however I was curious how they would deal with the no-host, backpedaling nonsense that was happening.....what was surprising was the quality of the musical contributions , Lambert with Queen sounded dam good, the GaGa/Rocket Raccoon(er...Bradley C) duet was , if a bit pitchy, sincereLy done, Gillian Welch and whatshisname on beautiful Acoustic guitars and vocals did a sweet version of the ascension tune from Buster Scruggs, Bette and Jennifer H were ok, perhaps most impressive was how they managed to set up the entire La Philharmonic on stage during a commercial break to accompany the Dead Hollywood people list with the John Williams composition...

...Lambert with Queen sounded dam good

Lambert can definitely sing and Brain May, well, what more can you say, Dr. May, Ph.D., can still play!

However, I would have enjoyed the performance much more if Marc Martel was singing instead of Lambert. There are just some songs that should not be altered in any way and pretty much all of Queen's songs fall into that category, in my opinion. I know Marc is not Freddy, but his voice is pretty damn close!

Last edited:
Lambert can definitely sing and Brain May, well, what more can you say, Dr. May, P.hD., can still play!

However, I would have enjoyed the performance much more if Marc Martel was singing instead of Lambert. There are just some songs that should not be altered in any way and pretty much all of Queen's songs fall into that category, in my opinion. I know Marc is not Freddy, but his voice is pretty damn close!

I agree Completely. Lambert can actually do a damn close - Freddy - when he tries. He did on Idol. Too bad he tried to “make it his own”. Great to see May.
If it weren’t for the Movie and the incredible performance by Rami as Freddy , I wouldn’t haven’t given the Oscars a second of my time.

Who's Oscar?
mpqdrtcrw1aoq2i2eyut.jpg

Didn’t watch. Don’t care. Participation trophies.

In all fairness, when one makes comments like this it is because they are familiar with the thing, they’ve made a value judgement on it, and they are invested enough to share that opinion, which by nature means one does care.

Not liking something, feeling it’s trivial, etc, is as much a choice as being a fan of something, feeling it’s important and such.

Doesn’t matter if you host a Oscar party or comment on how dumb you think the Oscars are, your still actively giving the Oscars your attention.

Love them or hate them, as long as your talking about them, they’ve succeeded

In all fairness, when one makes comments like this it is because they are familiar with the thing, they’ve made a value judgement on it, and they are invested enough to share that opinion, which by nature means one does care.

Not liking something, feeling it’s trivial, etc, is as much a choice as being a fan of something, feeling it’s important and such.

Doesn’t matter if you host a Oscar party or comment on how dumb you think the Oscars are, your still actively giving the Oscars your attention.

Love them or hate them, as long as your talking about them, they’ve succeeded

So you define the minimum level of success as "I don't think about it or bring it up ever but if someone else brings it up I'll say I don't care". Yeah, that makes sense.

Basically, if you participate in any current content delivery system, watch the news, read the paper, participate in social media, or are a forum.fractalaudio.com member - you will be exposed to in some way. It is unclear to me how this is actually considered success.

The whole multi billion dollar machine produces like 4-5 movies a year that are worth watching. What a waste of time and resources. And then they get on stage and try to bludgeon the audience with their politics. You aren’t on stage due to the abundance of intellect, pretty face, so nobody gives a damn what you think. Shut up and entertain me.

Hollywood spends a lot of time patting themselves on the back while looking down their noses at the very people who made them so wealthy.

Hollywood disgusts me to the point that I won't even see movies anymore. I'll "cut off my nose to spite my face" by passing on movies I may enjoy simply to avoid supporting the narcissistic, self-important, self-righteous, condescending, and out-of-touch-with-reality hypocrites that comprise the entire industry. Hollywood is a cesspool.

I don't abstain from seeing movies, but I only see the ones I choose to see. That excludes a vast pile of them aimed at shoving Hollywood politics and morals down my throat. You couldn't pay me to sit through the Oscar's show as a whole, but I did sit just long enough to watch Lambert/Queen perform. It was awesome!!!!!....then I quickly left the room.

I thought the show was fun! Not the best year for movies, but I can’t imagine how something as frivolous as the Oscars managed to offend so many people so deeply. Sort of fascinating how outraged people are able to get about their imagined idea of “Hollywood.”

Back
Top Bottom