Switching Amp or Channel and Cab w/o Using Scene (FC-12)

Warrior

Power User
Say I'm playing with Plexi 50 Amp model and I turn on my Phaser. Then I want to switch to a Fender Twin but also change the cabs at the same time..... but, I don't want to use a scene change because I want to keep the Phaser on that I just turned on.

Is this possible?

You could use the Control Switch feature for that as long as the thing you're turning on and off (the Phaser in your example) is assigned to a Modifier in the preset, which you have six of per preset.
It allows you to let the Control Switch to be on or off across scenes and presets, or you can program it to let Scenes control the on/off state of the Control Switch. P. 36 and 37 of the FC manual can elaborate.

You could use the Control Switch feature for that as long as the thing you're turning on and off (the Phaser in your example) is assigned to a Modifier in the preset, which you have six of per preset.
It allows you to let the Control Switch to be on or off across scenes and presets, or you can program it to let Scenes control the on/off state of the Control Switch. P. 36 and 37 of the FC manual can elaborate.

I understand the concept and I see it in the manual, but how to achieve this is not totally clear to me.
Do I have to set the switch for every scene?
I set CS1 to modify "Bypass". assume that's how you would do it?
The light on the FC stays on when it's bypassed or not and the main screen shows bypassed/enabled. However, the phaser stays on.

You could create two separate rows, each with its own amp and cab and whatever else. Place a "VolPan" block at the beginning of the rows, attach two shunts to the output of the "VolPan", one to each row and assign a modifier to the "balance" feature, this will let you choose which row you want to use by panning left, right or blend using your expression pedal. Make sure you set the amp "input select" and cab "input mode" to left and right depending on the row, you will also have to do this with any drive pedals you use. Then after the cabs just route them both into the Phaser and no matter which path you morph between, you will always have the phaser. If you want the Phaser at the beginning of the chain, just place the "VolPan" block after the Phaser.

Last edited:
You could create two separate rows, each with its own amp and cab and whatever else. Place a "VolPan" block at the beginning of the rows, attach two shunts to the output of the "VolPan", one to each row and assign a modifier to the "balance" feature, this will let you choose which row you want to use by panning left, right or blend using your expression pedal. Make sure you set the amp "input select" and cab "input mode" to left and right depending on the row, you will also have to do this with any drive pedals you use. Then after the cabs just route them both into the Phaser and no matter which path you morph between, you will always have the phaser. If you want the Phaser at the beginning of the chain, just place the "VolPan" block after the Phaser.

I can appreciate this option, however, it seams the CS option is more in line with my goal - although I haven't yet figured it out.
Time to spend some time practicing how to use my Axe3 and FC-12.

Back
Top Bottom