Big Wreck's Locomotive: AC/DC meets RATM meets Audioslave meets Zep?

Amazing stuff. I can hear the swinging Zeppelin influence in the rhythm section too.

The bridge section has to be the coolest thing I have heard in the last 12 months. I like when songs ropadope you with an unexpected chord cadence.

It's not the earbuds. I think the vocals are a little buried too.
I flipped back and forth between 2 sets of buds. The "better" earbuds sounded like a worse mix for vocals but much more full. The cheapies presented the vocals very nicely... But much thinner overall and lacking bottom.

Seen Big Wreck a few times and Ian is definitely the real deal. I mean he can do it all. Amazing talent!

A new band to follow! Found some great clips on youtube...especially the Suhr Factory party.

In some ways this makes me sad. A band this good should have more airplay. Although, from what I've seen, very little attention is around the other band members (outside of an excellent bass solo that I've found.) But what a talent.

A new band to follow! Found some great clips on youtube...especially the Suhr Factory party.

In some ways this makes me sad. A band this good should have more airplay. Although, from what I've seen, very little attention is around the other band members (outside of an excellent bass solo that I've found.) But what a talent.

I've listened a little of Ian's solo stuff and I think they are all definitely better together.

Reactions: yek
A band this good should have more airplay.
Wife and I grew up with Big Wreck. They were HUGE in Canada in the 90s. I played Locomotive for her yesterday and her first response was, "I guess they've given up on writing songs that get radio play." Sounds harsh, but what she was saying was they're done chasing the dragon and now they do the stuff they love and their fans love and they don't care about the general public loving them more because CFNY or whatever picked up their single and put it into rotation.

They're not bigger because they opted to do exactly what they love to do instead of what radio success required them to do.

That being said, In Love Memory Of... had like 4 radio singles that charted in Canada. Maybe 5...can't remember if Overemphasizing charted or not. That was their "let's try this dragon chasing thing" album and it's stellar.

Back
Top Bottom