WISH - Tuner to toggle with an external switch

<MACHINE>

Inspired
Title says it, but some elaboration from another thread:

I'd love the tuner to be able to be toggled by an external switch. I fully realize it can be done in the FC's (-6 in my case), and currently I do have it set as a hold function on the unit.
But I really want to free up all the onboard switches as, in my head anyway, the tuner is enough of a separate function, compared to any typical performance functions, that it would warrant giving it it's own little spot/switch. I have one of those little single latching switches that would be perfect.

Last night after checking the manuals and trying everything I could think of, I started searching the forum and I found several threads asking for a way to do it. So far, I haven't seen anything that shows how to do it with an external switch, only a way to use the master layout to have one of the internal switches activate the tuner. I'm very interested in finding a way to activate the tuner with an external switch!

Awesome, I hope more people are interested in this "feature". Please speak up if so:)

Sure would be great...hope it wouldn't be too hard to do.

Disclosure.... I'm using a MMGT to do this and not an FC so have no idea if this would work...

Anyhow I thought external footswitches could be assigned to a CC?

If so I think you would setup the tuners CC here (the MMGT uses 35)
Setup->Midi/Remote->Other->Tuner

Then wherever you assign the CC to the external footswitch pick that value

Good luck

Anything under the Midi/Remote menu can be controlled by an external switch. As described above...

Tuner only gives the option for Midi control numbers that I see under the midi/remote -> other menu
An external switch should be able to be assigned a designated CC, I believe.

Not in front of my unit right now to verify... But looking at the manual and maybe I'm wrong.

@unix-guy ... Yeah that would be super cool/helpful if you could check and see if it works. I'm champing at the bit to dig in myself but my schedule currently has me at Monday night as the soonest I can get to my III and 6:oops:

Any and all help would be extremely appreciated :D

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom