X-LOAD LB-2 Reactive Load Box now available

Guys, HUGE fan of the LB-2 here.
If you're looking for a good load box that retains the amps sonic characteristics, get this one!
Super happy with mine and I used it a LOT in conjunction with my Axe Fx III in a sort of 4cm setting.
Mainly to record the DI's along with my processed amp tracks and OwnHammer cab loading.
I recently ran 13 tube amps through this set up and it sounds pretty glorious!
Check it out:

If you're looking for a good load box that retains the amps sonic characteristics, get this one!
Super happy with mine and I used it a LOT in conjunction with my Axe Fx III in a sort of 4cm setting.
Mainly to record the DI's along with my processed amp tracks and OwnHammer cab loading.
Check it out:

Very nice really has a good sound.

Check it out:

Wow! That must have taken forever to do. Having just sold my Mark V I'm a little biased...

What did you use for IR loading?

Hi!

I just made a quick recording of my JCM800, it is a 80s unit with, among others, a switchable SIR#39 mod (basically an extra preamp tube).

I think it does not sound bad .... I hooked the X-Load to the Axe Fx III for the Cab and pre amp FX (none in this demo), also Delays and other stuff. There is no post production (can't do it anyway :p)

hope you like it!

Hi!

I just made a quick recording of my JCM800, it is a 80s unit with, among others, a switchable SIR#39 mod (basically an extra preamp tube).

I think it does not sound bad .... I hooked the X-Load to the Axe Fx III for the Cab and pre amp FX (none in this demo), also Delays and other stuff. There is no post production (can't do it anyway :p)

hope you like it!

Very cool sounded great :D

Didn‘t Ryan from the YouTube channel Plague Scythe Studios make a video comparing the impedance curves of the Torpedo Captor, Suhr Reactive Load and the Fractal X-Load?

Oh, BTW, has the X-Load been discontinued?

I think he's saying the impedance curves from the X-Load are built into the Axe Fx. You can view them on the unit or in Axe Edit under the Speaker tab (I believe).
Makes no sense for me. I can use this without the axe fx. The load box itself has a impedance curve.

i mean, here is a full thread for this load box and comparing it with other products. The key feature of it is the impedance curve. But no one asked about it?

edit:

Didn‘t Ryan from the YouTube channel Plague Scythe Studios make a video comparing the impedance curves of the Torpedo Captor, Suhr Reactive Load and the Fractal X-Load?

Oh, BTW, has the X-Load been discontinued?

i find a video from him about load boxes. But not about the fractal one and not with showing the impedance curves.

Makes no sense for me. I can use this without the axe fx. The load box itself has a impedance curve.

i mean, here is a full thread for this load box and comparing it with other products. The key feature of it is the impedance curve. But no one asked about it?

I'm not saying you need the Axe to use the LB-2, I'm saying these curves are built into the Axe Fx. The specific of the origin of the two curves matters less than the question "does it sound and feel good?" However, for your reference, I've attached the two curves (from the Axe Fx).

Edit: My wife just taught me a cool trick. I used a screen recording to show the change from the UK to the US curve. It's easier to see the difference with the fixed reference. Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/psodfbtspbz3xpg/Screen Recording 2020-05-23 at 8.39.22 PM.mp4?dl=0

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 8.28.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 8.28.34 PM.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 8.28.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 8.28.51 PM.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Ok, now I get it. Thanks for that. But these aren’t really measurements. There are no numbers in ohm by frequency to compare with other brands.
Sound and feel is really important, but taste. Before I consider buying this load box, i would just make sure the impedance curve is really like a guitar speaker in a cabinet compared to mine for example.

Curious if anyone has tested this fractal unit against the Boss Waza Tube Amp Expander. I only really care about the absolute best sound, feel, and dynamics in a loadbox for silent playing. And I only need 2 impedance curves (basically a Mesa 4×12 and Marshall 4x12).

The rest of the TAE is mostly overkill for me with an Axe Fx III also in the mix. But the solid state amp could have its uses, although not enough to justify the increase in cost unless the loadbox performance is at least decently better.

Back
Top Bottom