Scaling of the Encoders, possible?

i'd like to point out that the creator of a very popular product continually takes the time to look and respond in the forums, explaining concepts and other things.

you don't find that with almost any company, especially in MI.
This is very true and has been noted.

Rac12 is just encoder extensions, it's not really hardware locked either, plus don't need a screen. Just cheap midi pots, and whatever chip brain turns pot value into sysex, one knob per thingy. Tiny knobs, but a lot of them, like on this.
583105000000000-00-500x500.jpg

Simple like a casio watch, with a USB port to edit what knobs send what message, otherwise just min/max hardware mapped to one specific parameter.
Great idea. I have a MPD26 that I could use for that. Then I'd be in the same boat, though, of not wanting to add extra stuff to the *mostly* perfect self-contained unit :D

If you already have it plugged into the computer, plug a midi controller in through the DAW and map the 16 external controllers to whatever knob you want, then you get tactile min/max with the flick of the wrist, smooth as silk, no stepping. Fine control but fast too. Just need a one space rack of about 12 of those (not endless), phantom powered through midi but they send sysex to leave the 16 externals free for foot assignments.

Just wait till I retire I'm going to midi the f u q out of everything

You've described something I've wanted for awhile. I even paid a member here some start up costs to research rotary encoders with lights to indicate present level that updated with preset changes, etc. RAC12 killed it, but it wasn't even what I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom