Scaling of the Encoders, possible?

dumbeat

Inspired
Here i am again guys!

I was wondering if it is possible to scale the encoders to behave like an analog pot. In other words about 8/10 of a turn gives full value of the parameter from 0 to max, the way it behaves on analog gear. As it is now, it is much more fine, and takes a lot more work to tweak in one motion like you would do on an amp or a pedal.

Is there a way i do not know of to scale the behavior of the encoders?

Thanks! I Promise not to argue!

The small knobs and the large knob behave the same. It's just harder to keep turning the small knobs because they're small.

Absolutely. What might be neat in a future model would be like, a push/pull knob that, when pushed in works like a regular amp knob with a finite throw and 0-10 in one smooth swipe, but then you pull it out and it acts like a digital encoder with infinite turns and the little clicky-indents - perhaps Cliff could invent that, eh *wink *wink - I bet he'd even have Line 6 buying his pots!

Anyway, it was a neat idea, I think.

If you already have it plugged into the computer, plug a midi controller in through the DAW and map the 16 external controllers to whatever knob you want, then you get tactile min/max with the flick of the wrist, smooth as silk, no stepping. Fine control but fast too. Just need a one space rack of about 12 of those (not endless), phantom powered through midi but they send sysex to leave the 16 externals free for foot assignments.

Just wait till I retire I'm going to midi the f u q out of everything

If you already have it plugged into the computer, plug a midi controller in through the DAW and map the 16 external controllers to whatever knob you want, then you get tactile min/max with the flick of the wrist, smooth as silk, no stepping. Fine control but fast too. Just need a one space rack of about 12 of those (not endless), phantom powered through midi but they send sysex to leave the 16 externals free for foot assignments.

Sounds like a great idea! Ill try it

There is a product existing that is able to send sysex to allow for some fast access controls? And it's racked?

Rac12 is just encoder extensions, it's not really hardware locked either, plus don't need a screen. Just cheap midi pots, and whatever chip brain turns pot value into sysex, one knob per thingy. Tiny knobs, but a lot of them, like on this.
583105000000000-00-500x500.jpg

Simple like a casio watch, with a USB port to edit what knobs send what message, otherwise just min/max hardware mapped to one specific parameter.

Back
Top Bottom