Help with an external footswitch?

Nah. I tested PC RESET and it worked but as I mentioned it can’t reset the state of your foot switch. If it is on and then you switch to a new preset with PC Reset ON then it will reset the state of the switch in the preset but the switch is still “ON” so you need to click it twice to get it to turn on the effect.

Nah. I tested PC RESET and it worked but as I mentioned it can’t reset the state of your foot switch. If it is on and then you switch to a new preset with PC Reset ON then it will reset the state of the switch in the preset but the switch is still “ON” so you need to click it twice to get it to turn on the effect.

I can confirm this as well.

I can confirm this as well.

So how does PC RESET work for continuous controllers such as exp pedals ? If the AX8 wasn't reading the actual values from the port the entire reset functionality would be pointless. That's why I was suggesting to mod a latching switch into an expression pedal with two possible values using a resistor and an adapter cable.

That's why I was suggesting to mod a latching switch into an expression pedal with two possible values using a resistor and an adapter cable.

This would be the same as using a switch port. A preset can load any value for a parameter with PC reset enabled, but if the switch is opposite of that you need to press twice to change the value.

PC RESET is designed so that no matter what the value /position of your expression pedal or control switch, you are guaranteed that the block will either be engaged or bypassed according to how you saved the patch. Imagine if you forgot your pedal at the gig and your volume defaulted to “0”? This allows you to set the default value at “100%” so that doesn’t happen. I think you must sweep the pedal past the “null” point for it to start applying the changes. ( or maybe it just immediately jumps to whatever parameter value the pedal outputs once it moves) not sure.

From the manual :

"PC RESET determines the value of a modifier’s external source when a preset first loads. This allows you to override the actual position of an external controller until it is moved/updated. Here’s how it works: even with a modifier applied, parameters always show a value which can be edited as usual. If PC RST is ON, this value will be used for the parameter until the source is updated."

Following this explanation shouldn't turning off PC RESET force the AX8 to use the external pedal value when the preset is loaded ?

Following this explanation shouldn't turning off PC RESET force the AX8 to use the external pedal value when the preset is loaded ?

Yes, but that sounds like how the OP had it set in post #1.

The problem scenario is described accurately in post #21. Avoiding it would require a way to say "consider switch off" in new preset and send the opposite values (for open & closed) from before as needed.

Back
Top Bottom