Global adjustment for different environments

boochamoocha

Hi all

Bought axe fx today.

My gibson lp via sennheiser headphones sounds punchy and fat. It feels like playing via tube amp - sensitive and dynamic. I like it.
Then i tried to play via fender telecaster, mixer and consumer speakers jetballance jb-381 - it sounds like any computer plugin - crappy, sluggishly, without any dynamics and sensitivity.
Same presets in both cases.

Maybe i miss some global settings to adjust all of my presets to new environment like guitar, speakers and room?

Hi all

Bought axe fx today.

My gibson lp via sennheiser headphones sounds punchy and fat. It feels like playing via tube amp - sensitive and dynamic. I like it.
Then i tried to play via fender telecaster, mixer and consumer speakers jetballance jb-381 - it sounds like any computer plugin - crappy, sluggishly, without any dynamics and sensitivity.
Same presets in both cases.

Maybe i miss some global settings to adjust all of my presets to new environment like guitar, speakers and room?
what does the Gibson LP sound like through your JB-381?

the different guitar can make the same preset sound completely different.

what does the Gibson LP sound like through your JB-381?

the different guitar can make the same preset sound completely different.
I know it and looking for method to adjust all presets to new guitar/speakers globally.
Or i should copy my current presets and adjust them individually for every new environment?

I know it and looking for method to adjust all presets to new guitar/speakers globally.
Or i should copy my current presets and adjust them individually for every new environment?
I would just use a different preset eq'd for the tele. You could use global eq, but then if you plug in a strat...

I would just use a different preset eq'd for the tele. You could use global eq, but then if you plug in a strat...
For this purposes nice to have some sort of global adjustments presets for different situations - lp, tele, strat, gig, bedroom etc.
Otherwise i should copy and adjust one preset for all situations and all guitars that's not convenient.

For this purposes nice to have some sort of global adjustments presets for different situations - lp, tele, strat, gig, bedroom etc.
Otherwise i should copy and adjust one preset for all situations and all guitars that's not convenient.
Realize there is only one global eq setting.

The global EQs trick (what I do).
Put the same EQ blocks at the beginning and at the end of each of your presets and link them global.

The EQ at the beginning is thought for different guitars.
The EQ at the end is thought for different speakers.

In case you like to change often and they are always the same setups fill channels 2,3 and 4 with your reserve settings and use channel 1 as the one to play with. When you want to change the sound in channel 1 just copy one of the reserves from 2,3 or 4 into 1 and save the preset.

Put the same EQ blocks at the beginning and at the end of each of your presets and link them global.

In case you like to change often and they are always the same setups fill channels 2,3 and 4 with your reserve settings and use channel 1 as the one to play with. When you want to change the sound in channel 1 just copy one of the reserves from 2,3 or 4 into 1 and save the preset.
Thanks! i'll try the trick

Out of curiosity could you share some of these presets with these global blocks? I would be interested to see how you approached this.

Thanks

Dave

Out of curiosity could you share some of these presets with these global blocks? I would be interested to see how you approached this.

Thanks

Dave

Now, they wouldn't do anything on your system, because the data of the global blocks is stored in the system area and is not part of the preset. The preset contains the linkage to the global block only, so my blocks would come on emtpy or messed up.
Then I have 10 or more external controllers linked to parameters which would make them a mess for you.

To start with globals just put an EQ block in your preset let's say PEQ2. In axe-edit then look down left, choose link with global 1. Save the preset. Now you loaded up data into global slot #1 of PEQ2.
In any other preset where you have a PEQ2 now you can choose load from and link with global 1, so PEQ2 takes these settings and keeps up to any changes made to PEQ2 in any other preset that is also linked to global 1.
You can delink it anytime.
Each PEQ #1-2-3-4 has it's own global slots. There are 8 slots for every EQ.
That's it.

Ok I’m familiar with the global blocks. So what are you changing? Just level and some particular boosts or cuts of specific frequencies? To go from a strat to a LP type what do you do or vice versa? Curious to try this! Any suggestions would be welcome. Couldn’t you just include those block settings in a preset with that name?

Thanks

Dave

I don’t want my strat and LP to sound the same. The whole reason I grab a certain guitar is because of how it sounds with a given amp.

Playing a LP into a fender model sounds totally different than a strat with a vintage SC, and that is a good thing.

Exactly what happens with real amps. Plug a strat into a Plexi and it’s Hendrix. Plug a LP into the same amp, same settings, and it’s hard rock/metal tones.

I have presets for different guitars because I want different tones. Global block to use the same preset with different guitars makes no sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom