Need help with LFO "run" parameter

Dpoirier

Fractal Fanatic
I'm trying to have a panning delay effect sweep from left to right by attaching the LFO1b modifier to the pan parameter. However, I want the sweep to start on the left when I trigger it with the envelope follower. This sounds to me like I need to attach the envelope to the LFO type run parameter. So far, so good, when I hit the strings, the LFO starts and my panning occurs like I want, starting at the left and ending at the right. I got all the right things lined up, including rate and duration.

However, as soon as I stop strumming, the LFO sees this and stops running, returning to default center position (and therefore my sweeping delay never completes its cycle).

How can I set this run parameter so that it completes one full cycle, i.e. stops "listening" to the envelope after the initial trigger? Is there such a thing as "run once"?

I tried playing with thresholds in the envelope , but I really need this to work with a single strum of the strings, and then the echos sweep (L to R) while my strumming is stopped.

Help???

Try assigning an ADSR (once, retrig off, level 100%) to LFO run instead. Adjust decay or sustain time to make it run as long as needed. Attack time can delay the running e.g. start panning exactly when delay sounds.

Alternatively you could use your first approach (or ADSR with retrig on) with a stereo delay, controlling pan before delay. This would probably be the better choice if you want to be able to have any overlapping notes/sweeps or delay feedback for extra ambience.

Just assigning ADSR to pan can also work, but watch out for the nonlinear ADSR shapes. You'd need to lower the modifier "mid" value to get something resembling a steady pan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom