How to use FX loop and output to a separate amp?

Trashface

I'm using output 2 to go to a power amp and cab and I want to have some stompboxes going into the axe fx loop.

Right now I have the I/O settings so that Output 1 is copied to Output 2 and I can hear the sound going through the poweramp and cab without using an fx loop block. I add that in and still can't hear the stompboxes.

thanks.

Also, is there a way to send to the poweramp and cab without using the axe fx cab modeling while retaining any post cabinet effects? While allowing the axe fx to still be direct with xlr stereo outs?

there are 2 outputs on the Axe - Out 1 and Out 2.

if you are using Out 1 and Out 2, then what output would you use for the stompboxes? you're using both already.

there is a way to send a cab signal and non-cab signal. however, you want to simply move the Cab block last, after the other blocks.

Output 2 IS the FXLoop...

For using both FOH with modeling and a power amp and guitar cab, you need to put the effects pre-Cab. Most effects that you would place there are going to sound the same before or after the Cab.

The 'Echo Out 1' setting overrides is overridden by the 'Fx-Loop' block.

There may be a way....
  1. Are the 'stomp boxes' going to be before (pre) or after (post) the Amp block(s)?
  2. Are any of them stereo?
  3. Do you want/need a stereo feed to FOH? (the Amp/Cab will obviously be mono)
  4. Can you post your preset that needs this modification?
  5. What firmware are you running?

Last edited:
The 'Echo Out 1' setting overrides the 'Fx-Loop' block.

There may be a way....
  1. Are the 'stomp boxes' going to be before (pre) or after (post) the Amp block(s)?
  2. Are any of them stereo?
  3. Do you want/need a stereo feed to FOH? (the Amp/Cab will obviously be mono)
  4. Can you post your preset that needs this modification?
  5. What firmware are you running?

1. I'd like to use a mono stomp box pre or post.
2. nope
3. I'd like a stereo feed to FOH and the amp on stage obviously will be mono.
4. I'd have to try later (is there not a way to pan one side of output 2 to go to the poweramp on stage and the otherside of output 2 to work as part of the fx loop?
5. latest and greatest

thanks

Back
Top Bottom